JP2 Beats St. Benedict

jp2fan

Well we pulled one out. I think JP2 came into this one thinking it was a gimme...as many young teams make these same mistakes. We made several mental errors and honestly the referees were questionable but I will not make that an excuse for a sloppy win. We should have had this one wrapped up in the first half.

I have to say this was a very exciting game and a nail biter to the end. Here's the recap:

JP2 had trouble scoring in the first half and finally scored with less than a minute to go. 10-7 halftime St B.

Second half St B scored a field goal and the score was 13-7 then JP2 scored 7...end of 3 quarters 14-13 JP2.

JP2 was up by 3 and St B tried to score a field goal to tie with 1:05 and missed wide left. JP2 has the ball and runs the middle and fumbles recovered by St B. After holding them to no gain St B scores the tying FG.

OT JP2 scores a TD now St B starts at the 10 is sacked at the 15---Second down no gain ball on the 15----3rd down St B gains 14 yards---4th down and 1 yard for a TD, JP2 stuffs the run on the 6 inch line to win....

Our first OT ever and we won...We lost focus but found a way to pull it out....I see signs of a maturing program...