Campbell Co. at Karns

ccDL92

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your right about being a big game for both teams. if i'm right (happens sometimes) if ccchs loses to karns then ccchs is 4th seed going on the road. if karns loses they go to 3rd seed on the road (tie breaker has them ahead of jeff co. in head to head since karns won that game). and the obvious the winner gets 2nd and a home game in round 1.

??????? saw in another thread johnson hurt his shoulder, how bad is it, will he be 100% for the game?

as for preditictions on the ccchs vs karns game, look for it later in the week.

the 4th seed thing is assuming that jeff co. beats bearden (is that a lock) what do you think.

825396273[/snapback]

Jefferson Co. SHOULD have an easier time with Bearden than Sevier Co. will have with South Doyle. It is all up to the Cougars as far as their seeding goes. If they can bounce back from a devastating loss to Kingsport Dobyns Bennett, they should be OK.

The Campbell Co. vs Karns game has the makings of an old-fashioned smash mouth game that would make General Neyland proud. Johnson vs. Elders. Which defense will be up to the task?

The Karns coaching staff sat behind me during the DB-CC game. I guess that they were able to develop an understanding of the Cougar's offensive tendencies.

However, I doubt that the Karns staff was able to learn much about the CC defense that would applicable to their game plan; DB threw the ball at will, and Karns can't throw it to save their life. CC's corners played about 15 yards off Lamon, and he still burned them deep.

Big game for both team, no doubt.

The Karns coaching staff sat behind me during the DB-CC game.  I guess that they were able to develop an understanding of the Cougar's offensive tendencies.

However, I doubt that the Karns staff was able to learn much about the CC defense that would applicable to their game plan; DB threw the ball at will, and Karns can't throw it to save their life.  CC's corners played about 15 yards off Lamon, and he still burned them deep.

Big game for both team, no doubt.

825396306[/snapback]

Does Karns have the same type of O-Line Dobyns Bennett has? Do they have the same type of defense? This is the battle for the #2 seed. Which D will play with the most intensity? Which O-Line will give their all-star back (Johnson vs Elder) room to run? DB's talent pool and depth was too much for the Cougars to compete with, particulary with their QB on the sidelines. Next week will be a much better match.