CAK vs. Oneida

Ro8432

CAK went up 17-0 in the first half before they fumbled on their 2 or 3 to give Oneida an easy score. After the intermission Oneida scored first with a field goal, and then CAK attempted one and it was blocked. Both teams went back and forth then Oneida drove into the endzone with a long pass from QB Zach Smith to an open Rhyne Douglas. CAK got the ball back and on 3rd and 15 threw a long pass that was intercepted by Dogulas with 54 seconds remaining, Oneida ran out the clock. In overtime Oneida scored on 4th down on a busted play by Zach Smith. Cak came back and scored with a hard run by Bowland, #41. Oneida chose to play defense first for the 2 OT. Hard, QB for CAK, rolled out on 3rd and 9 and threw an interception in the endzone. 1 play later Douglas again reached paydirt on a 10 yard run to win the game for the Indians.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SingleA, you know I was just in the right position because of good coaching, not of of good playing. i also want to gives big props to our secondary tonight. And to corey King. Played through a lot of throwing up and still made the extra point to tie the game 17-17 even though he has not kicked a field goal all year. Ya gotta love that.

:) Kind of leaves you with empty lungs, don't it? CAK, I'm really not sure how we managed to avoid all the darts you threw. You have a class organization, and there are few teams I have seen lose a ballgame with as much poise and dignity as you guys. ATY(out on a limb I'd guess your Tyler Yoakley) let me say, if thats who you are, there is nothing average about you. Neither team deserved to be finished last night and if the TSSAA had justice, they'd let us team up a couple of weeks so we could kick some tail! Again, I'm sure my keyboard gets a little rough sometimes, but your team made a huge impression on me last night.

B) BOYS, on to the Mountain! That, Dudes, was incredible! Interceptions, fumbles, blocked kicks, 2 OT's, and 4 potty runs! Who do you single out? The Indians got contributions from everyone. Zack-0, 4th and 10 for the touchdown, that play reminded me so much of the Midway sack, only this one got airborn! Peanut, thanks for holding the whole ship together through much of the first half, and the OT Touchdown was nice, too! Ro, did you eat enough Wheaties? Your picture might be on the box next week! OK guys, you all might be responsible for some pacemakers being inserted over the next couple of weeks. We could all go for a nice blow out some night! :huh:

Kaz, i apparently didn't, I kept cramping up all night. I can't give enough props after last night. Not only to our guys but to the K-Town boys as well. They are tremendous athletes with tremedous coaching. Our guys in the backfield had big nights. Lewallen might not have gotten his usual yars but he busted open at least threw or four big runs last night. He fumbled once but he made up for with his blocking and hard running. Zach had a great night. His decision making was great. Devon Crabtree also had a big night with key receptions on some of our drives. He probably has the surest hands on the team. Our D-line, specifically Bo Kidd and J.C. Palfreyman kept the run in check when it mattered most. They lit us up on that draw early but we adjusted. This may be the best game our O-line has played. They can't get enough credit for the toughness they showed last night. So many people stepped up last night, I hope I haven't left anybody out. Again great game Warriors.

Hey man same at ya. You all played great last night, and you spoke the truth when you said it was a shame one of us had to lose. #40, Jonathon Lewallen runs hard every time he touches it, I'll be sure to tell him you said that. You all can play, the breaks just fell our way late in the game last night. Harb is going to be pretty good, even though I don't think he played his best game last night. Some people have asked me what year is #41? Anyways heck of a game last night man, it stinks that it had to end.

#41, Bowland, is a junior. Tough losing a game like that. Probably the sloppiest game CAK played all year - too many uncalled for fouls, turnovers, etc. - despite the very questionable officiating (64 yds. in penalties vs. 10 for Oneida), we gave that game to you. We are a much better team than we showed last night and we will be back and ready to roll in 2A next year! I am proud of the way these players on the boards are handling themselves - wish the parents and fans could do the same.

Warrior Watcher,

I couldn't make the trip last night, but what I heard from a friend who's a former head coach and a pretty knowledgable football man makes

"despite the very questionable officiating (64 yds. in penalties vs. 10 for Oneida)"

sound like quite an understatement. Sure the Warriors played poorly at times, but beating 11 in pads and several in zebra stripes can be almost impossible. It's obviously too late for it to have any impact on the season, but I've already heard the suggestion that the TSSAA review the tape and perhaps give this officiating crew some time off without pay.

But win or lose, the best thing about the Warriors is that the Ultimate Warrior's Life that's inside them can never be snuffed.