How 'bout them BO-SOX !

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, deepball, I sure hope you play it a little better defensively than Manny! :lol:

By the way, I picked the Sox to win it all, also!

Tonight's the night! The 86 year old drought/curse or whatever you wanna call it comes to an end for my second favorite team!

Now if the baseball gods would just smile on the Cincinnati Reds NEXT YEAR! :lol:

---rSquared

Well as the biggest Cards fan in the world, Boston deserved this. They outplayed St. Louis in every aspect of the game. They hit, pitched, ran bases, and everything else better. I'm not one of these sorry loser fans who bash the other team when theirs loses. I congratulate Boston on their win, they made a great run. The only thing I find funny is how many fair weather Boston fans I see at school. A few weeks ago it was all Braves and Yankees hats at school, now that Boston is in the World Series I don't walk 10 feet without seeing someone with a hat on. It's crazy, but I guess it's all about the bandwagon. I have a friend who is always going on about the Cubs but since Boston won he says he's been a fan forever. lol Anyways Boston deserved it, If there ever was a curse it's broke now. :justwrestle:

Well it's finally over...Thank God!!!!!...Oh but now they have nothing to talk about in Boston.....Now we got the goat in Chicago.....

Congrats to Boston they played like World Champions.....They beat the TWO best teams this year New York and St.Louis after being down 3-0 to the Yanks and roll off 8 straight wins...When you lose 4 straight and not even lead once in the series you got to say you were dominated..

And us Cardinal fans,widely known as the best in baseball,send a hardy"You deserved this" and hope its not another 86 yrs....But for sure after we win another...

On "The Curse of the Bambino" on HBO, they covered the subject "if the Red Sox actually won the World Series." Many believe there would be massive deaths in New England because of the amount of people just hanging on to see if the Sox would finally win. I don't think we'll see anything like that...but they can't gripe and claim the curse anymore. It will be a mute point.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox! They shut down one of the best offenses I've seen in recent years representing the National League. The Sox deserve the title. I just wish St. Louis had made a better showing. This should stick with the Cardinals through next year and serve as a driving force to get back to the Series.

We probably won't see Matt Morris or Steve Kline back with the team as they will try and resign Edgar Renteria and use Dan Haren, Rick Ankiel and Adam Wainwright in the rotation. The offense will be there like this season and the pitching should be better.

My dad has been a Red Sox fan since he was stationed in New England during the '40's. The only thing that disappoints me was that it was such a short series. I think both teams have a chance to be very good next year. I hope to see St. Louis and Boston back in the Series soon since my Giants can't seem to attract enough good players who want to be on the same team as Barry Bonds. :D

TO RSQUARRED,

Aman to that I am a reds fan myself. BUT.. My second favorite team is quite the opposite of yours. Even though my 14 year old brother could pitch better than a lot of their starters I have grown up in a Yankee home. I can't help it, I have just always liked them since they had don mattingly and wade boggs. Don't hold it agains me please lol. I just hope that next year "tight wad" Steinbrenner (sp) will let loose of some of that money to get some pitching. And If we can get Schilling, pedro and lowe that would be fine with me. thumb

Edited by bigmamma