4-5 Whitwell v. 2-6 South Pittsburg

Bill#49

Yes they do matter of fact I'm one of them and I try to see the majority of their games.  Through the nineties I may have missed 3 through the whole decade.  What was trying to say was I agree that a 2-7 or 3-6 shouldn't be able to go to the playoffs.  They should cut the number of teams going from each region to the top 2.  Then for the rest of the teams who had good seasons play in a bowl game.  But a .500 record or better shouldn't be the only criteria to go to the bowl game fan support should be considered to. Since money is the reason 4 teams from each region go to the playoffs maybe the TSSAA should cosponsor the bowl games.

825405008[/snapback]

What if a team goes 4-6 and wins all their games in their class, but plays six schools from larger classifications? Would you still not let them go to the playoffs in their own class?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whitwell and south pitt have won all their regions games except one and that was boyd, go figure...it comes down to this either win and stay home the next week or lose and go to some other team's house...but anyway yes i would see how you would say they should have a bowl game or somethin but i think it depends on how many are in the region...but to sum this all up come on down to whitwell and see the battle for second in region 3-1a.

wow....2nd place at 2-6, crappy region

825405307[/snapback]

Region 3 would not qualify as crappy, yes they do have the lower rank teams as like Lookout Valley and Copper Basin...but SP and WHitwell are down this year....both teams will be back up next year I do believe, but they wont have boyd next year, I can almost hear the sigh of relief from these 2 teams knowing they wont have to deal with Boyd next year.

Region 3 would not qualify as crappy, yes they do have the lower rank teams as like Lookout Valley and Copper Basin...but SP and WHitwell are down this year....both teams will be back up next year I do believe, but they wont have boyd next year, I can almost hear the sigh of relief from these 2 teams knowing they wont have to deal with Boyd next year.

825405505[/snapback]

I think SP is going to surprise a lot of people next year. I think they will still play Boyd just not the same classification.

I think SP is going to surprise a lot of people next year. I think they will still play Boyd just not the same classification.

825405776[/snapback]

People forget that Cody Walker will be back next year, if he gets his problems worked out and the QB will probably come back. I believe they get a couple of lineman back also. They had a good middle school team this year so that will help. Pittsburg will be stong next year folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! What are you talking about Whitwell has played no one, and about the second round if whitwell wins thier 1st round game they will have to come up to boyd in the second round. That would be fun one to watch since ole wes green got the bucs fired up talking about them the way he did. Watch out wes you might just want to loose your 1st round game to save you the embarassment, the bucs wouldn't be so kind on you this time!  thumb

825403186[/snapback]

Listen, I have been a boyd fan for the past two years, and will be a boyd fan for the remainder of this year as well as next year. My brother is a junior at boyd and a preaty decent little football player for them. However, I am a whitwell highschool graduate and i will take up for one man. That man is Wes Green, he is a great football coach and has done an amazing job turning a not so good program into something to have pride in. There going to win this game, but it will be a close game. They don't have the speed like SP does, but they have the determination and heart that they get from a good coach. Yeah if they somehow make it back to play boyd again then its a good season for them. They just can't compete with boyd. Not many people in 1A are going to be able to. Coach Akins is a class act he did not run the score up on them the first time, and i can and will make the bet if they play again he will not put up 59 on them because he knows that he has no reason too. He will save is stars for the next round even the second string. Boyd will repeat, and i am pround to say go Bucs, and Go Whitwell tomorrow.

Edited by phipsi271

Yes they do matter of fact I'm one of them and I try to see the majority of their games.  Through the nineties I may have missed 3 through the whole decade.  What was trying to say was I agree that a 2-7 or 3-6 shouldn't be able to go to the playoffs.  They should cut the number of teams going from each region to the top 2.  Then for the rest of the teams who had good seasons play in a bowl game.  But a .500 record or better shouldn't be the only criteria to go to the bowl game fan support should be considered to. Since money is the reason 4 teams from each region go to the playoffs maybe the TSSAA should cosponsor the bowl games.

825405008[/snapback]

Well when you do this teams like Whitwell might not schedule bigger schools. We could play all 1a schools and be 9-1, but that would not make us better and prepare us for the playoffs. This year we have played 3 2a, 1 DII, and 1 3a school. How many schools can say they played 5 schools from bigger classifications?

What if a team goes 4-6 and wins all their games in their class, but plays six schools from larger classifications? Would you still not let them go to the playoffs in their own class?

825405198[/snapback]

I'm not going to get in a what if's discussion. I think I either read of heard that next year each region will have at least 5 or 6 teams. If you take the top 2 teams from each region you will not have as many teams going to the playoffs with sub .500 records you will have some but not as many. The at least .500 record is what I said should definitely be used along with crowd following for a TSSAA co-sponsored bowl game. This is just my thoughts and probably won't be considered.

Well when you do this teams like Whitwell might not schedule bigger schools. We could play all 1a schools and be 9-1, but that would not make us better and prepare us for the playoffs.  This year we have played 3 2a, 1 DII, and 1 3a school. How many schools can say they played 5 schools from bigger classifications?

825405860[/snapback]

At least 1 other that I know of and its South Pittsburg.

4 2A

1 3A

You missed my point . I think a coach should schedule teams that will challenge his team. Also most coaches also schedule teams to get sure wins to build confidence for a young up and coming team. In my opinion if South Pittsburg had beaten Sweetwater in the first game of the season they would have had a better year. They are not a great team but they are better than they are getting credit for this year. By the way I don't think the TB and the QB will be back at South Pittsburg next year.