4-5 Whitwell v. 2-6 South Pittsburg

Bill#49

Both teams are struggling but which ever team wins this game is 2nd in the region and has a home game in the first round of the play-offs. I'm going with Whitwell!!! Coach Green will pull out the magic this week and beat the pirates. He has yet to upset anyone this year unlike the last three years so this is the game to do it. He will treat it as a play-off game and get the Tigers pumped up.

Although beating South Pittsburg this year is probably not an upset by the Tigers.

Bledsoe County beat South Pittsburg :angry:;):D and Whitwell drilled the Warriors.

Edited by Bill#49

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i have said before if whitwell does not beat south pitt, it will be because south pitt is in the heads of whitwell, whitwell has the better team period.

whitwell did drill Bledsoe, but i won't mention the starters that were out that game.

825400784[/snapback]

No excuses please. People could care less who played or did not play final score Whitwell 29 Bledsoe County 0.

What a shame neither team is worth a crap! Neither team should go to the playoffs. This is crazy to have a team like SP with a losing record in the playoffs. If WHS wins at least they'll be 500. The TSSAA is all about money folks. Four teams going to the playoffs in each district is a joke! No disrespect to either team, but we couldn't combine this years teams together and beat Boyd.

Well the tigers are down, but the pirates are the worst I have seen in decades...and whitwell is comin off a losin streak, but this is a region game and a big rivalry game in Marion County but better coaches on South Pitts side so i am goin with the pirates on this one.Unless tigers come off with a smack in the face which i would like to see but N-O-T gonna happen.

Prediction:

S.P.- 30

whtwell-14

Well we playe both. we killed south pitt and beat whitwell 20-14. South pitt is not very physical and whitwell is so thats a big advantage. Sout pitt is fast, whitwell is not so thats an advantage for south pitt. Whoever said south pitt had the better coaches i would have to say they break even on that. South ptt is a great job b/c yo are alway gonna have athletes, whitwell was a job no one wanted. Id say break even there. Neither team has beaten anybody better than themselves. whitwell has lost 5 of their last 6 and South pitt just got beat by bledsoe so id say there is plenty of motivation for both.

Ill give whitwell the edge in physical play and homefield and south pit the advantage in athleticism, motivation(they would lose to every valley team if the lose firday).

Whitwell 20

South Pitt 18

Whichever team decides to win this game, will you please just try to make it to the second round of the playoffs and beat Friendship Christian? Not that we don't want to play them, it will just save us from having to drive from Boyd all the way to Lebanon to play in the third round. Thanks!

BTW -- South Pittsburg wins this one by out-coaching Whitwell. 25-13

Edited by BnL