4-5 Whitwell v. 2-6 South Pittsburg

Bill#49

I'm not going to get in a what if's discussion.  I think I either read of heard that next year each region will have at least 5 or 6 teams.  If you take the top 2 teams from each region you will not have as many teams going to the playoffs with sub .500 records you will have some but not as many.  The at least .500 record is what I said should definitely be used along with crowd following for a TSSAA co-sponsored bowl game.  This is just my thoughts and probably won't be considered.

825405868[/snapback]

whitwell schedule

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/ScheduleList.cfm?id=562

south pittsburg

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/ScheduleList.cfm?id=467

Should be a good game.

Speed vs. no speed = "Either you have it or your chasing it."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year we have played 3 2a, 1 DII, and 1 3a school. How many schools can say they played 5 schools from bigger classifications?

825405860[/snapback]

At least 1 other that I know of  and its South Pittsburg

4 2A

1 3A

825405883[/snapback]

Boyd can say it...one from 2A, two from 3A, one from 4A, and one DII AAA. Playing up in class during the regular season each year has made Boyd a better program. If a team can win these like Boyd has, they can go far in the 1-A playoffs.

As much as I don't like to compliment S. Pitt or Whitwell :ph34r: , you should be more proud of your below .500 records than some of the 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0 teams who play very weak competition during the year. Padding the season stats means nothing when the playoffs come around.

Well the tigers are down, but the pirates are the worst I have seen in decades...and whitwell is comin off a losin streak, but this is a region game and a big rivalry game in Marion County but better coaches on South Pitts side so i am goin with the pirates on this one.Unless tigers come off with a smack in the face which i would like to see but N-O-T gonna happen.

Prediction:

S.P.- 30

whtwell-14

825401939[/snapback]

I attend Whitwell High and we really don't appreciate that. I believe we have came very far.

Boyd can say it...one from 2A, two from 3A, one from 4A, and one DII AAA. Playing up in class during the regular season each year has made Boyd a better program. If a team can win these like Boyd has, they can go far in the 1-A playoffs.

As much as I don't like to compliment S. Pitt or Whitwell  :ph34r: , you should be more proud of your below .500 records than some of the 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0 teams who play very weak competition during the year. Padding the season stats means nothing when the playoffs come around.

825406018[/snapback]

I would definitely say that Boyd is the team to beat. That shows you how much talent Boyd has. They have more talent than a lot of the bigger schools has. I know there has been a lot of discussion about how they got that talent and I'm out of that. But Boyd has better talent no matter how they got it. If I was a coach and had that kind of talent I would schedule bigger schools too. Vic Grider did in 1999 and Ken Colquette when he was at Marion did it in 1995.

Listen, I have been a boyd fan for the past two years, and will be a boyd fan for the remainder of this year as well as next year.  My brother is a junior at boyd and a preaty decent little football player for them. However, I am a whitwell highschool graduate and i will take up for one man. That man is Wes Green, he is a great football coach and has done an amazing job turning a not so good program into something to have pride in. There going to win this game, but it will be a close game. They don't have the speed like SP does, but they have the determination and heart that they get from a good coach. Yeah if they somehow make it back to play boyd again then its a good season for them. They just can't compete with boyd. Not many people in 1A are going to be able to. Coach Akins is a class act he did not run the score up on them the first time, and i can and will make the bet if they play again he will not put up 59 on them because he knows that he has no reason too. He will save is stars for the next round even the second string. Boyd will repeat, and i am pround to say go Bucs, and Go Whitwell tomorrow.

825405812[/snapback]

I used to think he was a pretty good guy until he started talking about boyd in the paper like he did, now i just think he's a crybaby and likes to make excuses.

Edited by footballrox