4-5 Whitwell v. 2-6 South Pittsburg

Bill#49

Whichever team decides to win this game, will you please just try to make it to the second round of the playoffs and beat Friendship Christian? Not that we don't want to play them, it will just save us from having to drive from Boyd all the way to Lebanon to play in the third round. Thanks!

BTW -- South Pittsburg wins this one by out-coaching Whitwell. 25-13

825402446[/snapback]

they've had to come down there the last 2 years. it's time for you guys to go there........... but the results will be the same.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows the screwed up regions when one region has 5 teams and 3-7 has a chance to host and be in second.

Other 10 team regions have 5-5 and 6-4 teams not even make the playoffs.

825403120[/snapback]

What it really shows is ONLY the top 2 teams in each region should qualify for the playoffs. Then the other teams with a .500 record or better can qualify for a possible invitation to a bowl game. Only if their crowd attendance is at a certain level. Because why invite a team to a bowl if you can't sell the tickets.

Regardless of who wins, I feel that both South Pitt and Whitwell will be better prepared for the play offs having played mostly bigger schools, and played them close or won.

825401034[/snapback]

Ha! What are you talking about Whitwell has played no one, and about the second round if whitwell wins thier 1st round game they will have to come up to boyd in the second round. That would be fun one to watch since ole wes green got the bucs fired up talking about them the way he did. Watch out wes you might just want to loose your 1st round game to save you the embarassment, the bucs wouldn't be so kind on you this time! thumb

Edited by footballrox

Whitwell has the better team I think. If Whitwell plays good like they can, they will win this game, but if they dont play like they can then South Pittsburg will kill them.

825404006[/snapback]

If I was Whitwell... Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, and a little more midline. Occassionally, Sally is nice.

South Pittsburg has proved way to often this year that the two big defensive tackles are SOFT. When you can block them one-on-one it is not whether you are going to win but by how much are you going to win by. The big fullback will have a game that he can remember for a long time. He will rack up some big yards in this game. If the QB doesn't try to be a show-dog this should be NO CONTEST. If he plays like he did against some of the teams the last few weeks, South Pittsburg may squeak out a close game. Take what they are giving you #5.

South Pittsburg will be tough again next year but they will find a way to lose this one just like they have all the other valley games this year.

If I was Whitwell... Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, Midline, and a little more midline.  Occassionally, Sally is nice. 

South Pittsburg has proved way to often this year that the two big defensive tackles are SOFT.  When you can block them one-on-one it is not whether you are going to win but by how much are you going to win by.  The big fullback will have a game that he can remember for a long time.  He will rack up some big yards in this game.  If the QB doesn't try to be a show-dog this should be NO CONTEST.  If he plays like he did against some of the teams the last few weeks, South Pittsburg may squeak out a close game.  Take what they are giving you #5. 

South Pittsburg will be tough again next year but they will find a way to lose this one just like they have all the other valley games this year.

825404036[/snapback]

Bill I think I know who you are now.

What it really shows is ONLY the top 2 teams in each region should qualify for the playoffs.  Then the other teams with a .500 record or better can qualify for a possible invitation to a bowl game.  Only if their crowd attendance is at a certain level.  Because why invite a team to a bowl if you can't sell the tickets.

825403145[/snapback]

South Pitt has fans, everyone should know that :)

South Pitt has fans, everyone should know that :)

825404952[/snapback]

Yes they do matter of fact I'm one of them and I try to see the majority of their games. Through the nineties I may have missed 3 through the whole decade. What was trying to say was I agree that a 2-7 or 3-6 shouldn't be able to go to the playoffs. They should cut the number of teams going from each region to the top 2. Then for the rest of the teams who had good seasons play in a bowl game. But a .500 record or better shouldn't be the only criteria to go to the bowl game fan support should be considered to. Since money is the reason 4 teams from each region go to the playoffs maybe the TSSAA should cosponsor the bowl games.