Pre season rankings?

fadingDUST

A little impatient arent we?? :o The Matman Weekly Rankings will start from November 7th through every monday of the wrestling season. I also believe that Silverbullet will be posting around the same time after we have finished all of the certifications. But in the meantime..you guys have fun!

top 5 teams in my opinion:

1) McCallie

2)Baylor

3) Father Ryan

4) MBA

5) Notre Dame

Individuals:

I can't think of any for the moment. Some one put some names in.

825401397[/snapback]

As much as I like the Blue, I don't see them within 10 pts. of The Big Red this year... Especially with Joe's boy back for another season, big chip off the shoulder or what's left of it. Baylor may be the best in the state top to bottom with the exception of Franklin. That would be interesting!!

Oh, you may not find much better than Cody Cleveland, and is Blair back again? Ryan Scott gone? Manley is gone. Clearly, it will be another year or two for McCallie to be back at full strength.

MBA may bead Ryan this year and CBHS could surprise a few.

soms

top 5 teams in my opinion:

1) McCallie

2)Baylor

3) Father Ryan

4) MBA

5) Notre Dame

Individuals:

I can't think of any for the moment. Some one put some names in.

825401397[/snapback]

I think that Baylor has to be number one, due to a very balanced line-up throughout, while McCallie, Ryan, and MBA will all be close in 2-4. I think a lot of people remember who McCallie has lost but I was very impressed by the Goss twins and think that they will be major contributors at the state level for McCallie this year. Finally I think number 5 would go to CBHS. I don't think Notre Dame will be able to compete with the Brothers this year. CBHS did lose a lot of their bigger guys but they have a lot of very expereinced middle and light weights coming in and some very good big boys who played as back up last year. I also hear that Josh Baucke, the freshman phenom last year at 112, is going up to 125 or 130 this year... does anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor? Maybe Coach L will shed a little light on it. Depending on how their weights shake out and how much the new kids can step up for CBHS I think they will be in the hunt for higher than fifth.

In Summary:

1) Baylor

2-4) McCallie, Ryan, MBA ( just too close to call but if I had to, I would take the order shown)

5) CBHS

Edited by WrestleSBA

If Bauke wants a shot at a state championship this year he better stay down at 119.  I dont know where the certified at but I wouldnt be surpriesed to see Dunning at 125 and Manson at 130.  I dont think he is ready to roll with those two this year.

825401773[/snapback]

I agree with you on where Dunning and Manson may end up. I don't think BAucke will be able to take either one unless he has really bulked up ( I haven't seen him since March sometime) and he has gotten a lot meaner. Seemed to me he was never aggressive enough to wrestle with those type of guys. He is just so fluid that he could dominate most wrestlers, but when you throw him up against a beast like Dunning or Manson who has an equivalent skill level, Baucke just couldn't hang. I imagine in another year or so we will be saying the same thing about Josh though...

Honestly, Baucke couldn't stay on the mat with Manson during the summer freestyle camp. Manson had him in tears one day. I don't think his maturity level is there yet to hang with wrestlers like Manson who are strong and mean. I like Baucke, he's a great kid with loads of talent. But, I don't think he'll be able to hang with guys like Manson or Dunning.