Mr. Football -Kicker?

tigercoach63

Yeah he was recruited off the soccer field his freshmen or sophmore season by Coach Bukky and is a really hard worker and smart young man.  He definitely should earn All Region as well as their punter Josh Guajardo.  They both lead the region statistically.

825405901[/snapback]

Clay Carruth and Josh Guarjardo have some mighty fine stats, especially in this area.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize there was a Mr. Football Kicker award.  Why don't we have a Mr. Football Equipment Manager award?  I think the number of Mr. Football awards really waters down the honor.

825406268[/snapback]

why because you don't think kickers are football players?? they deserve an award just like everyone else. go ask farragut how important these players are.

Lorenz kicked a 55-yarder Friday in Hardin County's 38-21 win at dyersburg

i was at the game lorenz is by far the best kicker in tennessee no comparison. i have seen him play a few games this year and all of them last year. kicking through the uprights is almost unheard of in high school but then the name tyler lorenz comes around. tyler lorenz for Mr. Football-Kicker!

Was he kicking last Friday night? Hardin County missed 2 field goals (28 and 41 yards) and had an extra point blocked.

I agree he has a strong leg...kicked it in the endzone every time, but from what I saw, he might need a little work on his accuracy. I don't know...maybe he just had an off night...but it made a huge difference in the outcome of the game. You gotta be able to perform under pressure, too!

Edited by crc

Was he kicking last Friday night?  Hardin County missed 2 field goals (28 and 41 yards) and had an extra point blocked. 

I agree he has a strong leg...kicked it in the endzone every time, but from what I saw, he might need a little work on his accuracy.  I don't know...maybe he just had an off night...but it made a huge difference  in the outcome of the game.  You gotta be able to perform under pressure, too!

825424950[/snapback]

That was him kicking Friday night. Those were the only two field goals he missed all year. I think you need to see a guy kick more than one time to question his accuracy. And as far as performing under pressure - he has kicked three game winners in the past two seasons plus three 50+ yarders in one season. I would say that he can perform under pressure! The kid just missed a couple on one night. He is a great kicker!

I agree I should see him more than one night, that's why I said maybe he just had an off night.

From what I have read on here, he was 4-4 before that game. 4 attempts in the season is not a whole lot when you are talking about the "Mr. Football" award. I only saw him play the one game, and like I said, I could tell his leg was strong but he missed both field goals I saw him attempt.

Is he a senior?

I didn't realize there was a Mr. Football Kicker award.  Why don't we have a Mr. Football Equipment Manager award?  I think the number of Mr. Football awards really waters down the honor.

825406268[/snapback]

it's very clear you have no idea the value a kicker has to a football team!!!!!!!!

Alberto Diaz has been nominated and should win the award for the second year in a row. He handles kickoffs, punts, PAT's and FG. 90% of his kickoffs go for touchbacks. Punting is not is strong suit but he is adequate. He has only missed one PAT this season and has kicked 12 FG's with a long of 52. I would like to know how that compares with the other two kicker nominees.