Lake County Falcons: Ready for prime time?

spellerone

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lake county gave us a run for our money. they had a fast defense, they also had 2 weeks to prepare for us but they did a good job against us. and i say that lake county can win, but they will have to shut down the passing game that perry county has. but perry county ha to stop springer, he is almost a one man team. but i will not know who to go for i like both teams and respect them alot. so we will see the outcome of that game. good luck to both teams.

I don't keep up with Lake County very much at all since they don't play Union City(which is about to change)or Obion County Central....Is this a young team with alot of promise or is this a senior laden team that will do good this year,then have to go back into rebuilding mode for a couple years????...As for recruiting players....Back in the day when Lake Co. was a state powerhouse it was always rumored that LC had a smattering of Bootheel Missouri boys and kids from down around D-burg...So that stuff is all relative....The way you beat private schools is to out work them...They don't just throw out the balls in practice and run around playing smear.....The recruiting thing true or false is just an excuse for a team losing all the time to them...You hear it all the time around here(Chattanooga)about Boyd Buchanan...There are coaches in their region that will not even shake their hands after the games..Which is really showing their kids the way to be men..But that's for another thread.....I hope that LC starts having good teams because rural West Tennessee Single A football is really weak right now.....

I don't keep up with Lake County very much at all since they don't play Union City(which is about to change)or Obion County Central....Is this a young team with alot of promise or is this a senior laden team that will do good this year,then have to go back into rebuilding mode for a couple years????...As for recruiting players....Back in the day when Lake Co. was a state powerhouse it was always rumored that LC had a smattering of Bootheel Missouri boys and kids from down around D-burg...So that stuff is all relative....The way you beat private schools is to out work them...They don't just throw out the balls in practice and run around playing smear.....The recruiting thing true or false is just an excuse for a team losing all the time to them...You hear it all the time around here(Chattanooga)about Boyd Buchanan...There are coaches in their region that will not even shake their hands after the games..Which is really showing their kids the way to be men..But that's for another thread.....I hope that LC starts having good teams because rural West Tennessee Single A football is really weak right now.....

825406005[/snapback]

[/quote

Only three seniors so the immediate future looks very bright.

As far as the Perry County vs. West Carroll game you need to get your score straight, you lost 30 points for Perry County because the final score was 38-30 with West Carroll winning.

As far as Lake Co. goes they are going to get beat first round to Perry County. thumb

825405922[/snapback]

[/quote

Perhaps you have seen both Lake County and Perry County so you may be the better judge. I can't make a prediction because I know absolutely nothing about Perry County. I never even heard of them before this year. Have they always been in Region 7-1A. What is their football tradition? Do they have football trophies? On who will win, time will tell, time will tell. Any way don't they have to beat Fayette Academy first? Is that game in the books? You still have to play the game.

For these so called know it alls who question coaching decisions when a guy in his second season has taken a team that was everyone's whipping boy the last couple of years to a team that will host a first round game is beyond my comprehension. If you know anything about football you know that great defense and a strong running game wins championships. Ask germantown of last year how much they threw the ball or Marion County of the Nineties. The point is you guys are having the best season in 8 years and you start bashing your coach who has fewer than 30 players on a single A team. Other teams have kicking problems. Come to the Sequatchie Valley or any other rural area and try to find a kicker. It isn't happening. You need to support your team and coach and stop the crap that becomes a cancer to so many good programs. Let Coach Barger do the coaching and you guys do the cheering.

Is this a young team with alot of promise or is this a senior laden team that will do good this year,then have to go back into rebuilding mode for a couple years????...As for recruiting players....Back in the day when Lake Co. was a state powerhouse it was always rumored that LC had a smattering of Bootheel Missouri boys and kids from down around D-burg...So that stuff is all relative

Lake County has only 3 seniors on the roster at all so they will return practically intact. As far as the powerhouse days, I can't believe you didn't include the rumors about the 20 year olds and the ones they'd bring in from the prison on Friday nights! Lake County has been accused of using illegal players anytime they have success. A small school will go through periods where they have both talent and good coaching. That happened in the 70's-mid 90's and is resurfacing now. Give credit where credit is due.

For many people the mention of a "private school" and it automatically means that they recruit.

Whether that is right or wrong is a matter of personal opinion. Even if you present evidence to the contrary, several people that are from small "public schools" will never believe otherwise.

I do understand that Trinity had 38 players on the roster at the beginning of the season and 19 of them were freshmen. That can lead to a very bright future for the Lions.

825404806[/snapback]

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that private schools that represent a small percentage of the of the schools in the TSSAA win a disproportionate share of the total championships. I say again, correct me if I am wrong.

825405299[/snapback]

no but they got all the money!

I agree about passing more but Springer did rush for 181 yards against Halls and was 5-5 passing for 161 yards.As far as Fayette and Perry Co both defeating Trinity,everyone knows you can't judge by that..Also Lake Co.had 3 starters out of the Trinity game and their running back ,Damio Yancey,had about 60 yards in the first quarter but went down with what was thought to be a season ending knee injury at the start of the second quarter..Lake Co.lost that game by the kick-off team fumbling the ball 4 times..Even with that,Lake Co was only trailing 15-7 with 4 minutes to go in the game and was on the 7 yard line with a potential chance to tie the game with a touchdown an 2 point conversion..The officials called Lake Co for lining up offsides and then on 4th and 4 on the 5 yard line missed a 1st down by a couple inches..But,if you wanted to compare scores,Fayette Co beat Halls 22-2 and Lake Co.beat Halls 35-8 with Halls scoring against the subs with 45 seconds to go in the game...I also believe Chester Co. beat Fayette 21-0..The same Chester Co team that was beaten soundly by Bruceton,about 36-19 or something close to that..Orey Willis had 380 yards against Chester Co..Lake Co beat Bruceton 7-0 but was inside Bruceton's 10 yard line 5 times..So yes,maybe they do need a kicker..Bruseton only crossed midfield one time and was held to 3 first downs..Bruceton only had 59 total yards and 40 of those came on a swing pass..Orey Willis was held to 30 yards ...As far as Perry Co,I believe they were thrashed by West Carrol about 38-0..So as far as comparing scores,you just can't do that..I will say this,I really believe whether we play Perry Co or Fayette Co.,we will be in for a tough game..I 'm hoping Perry Co wins,because their coach ,Rick Rice,use to coach at Lake Co and was very popular..

825403965[/snapback]

i do belive the score was 38-30 in the west carroll v. perry co. but since every 1 has excuses we scored 3 times on the same play but got them called back by the zebras so get ur scores right

Lake County has only 3 seniors on the roster at all so they will return practically intact. As far as the powerhouse days, I can't believe you didn't include the rumors about the 20 year olds and the ones they'd bring in from the prison on Friday nights! Lake County has been accused of using illegal players anytime they have success. A small school will go through periods where they have both talent and good coaching. That happened in the 70's-mid 90's and is resurfacing now. Give credit where credit is due.

825406323[/snapback]

You are right that was said and it still is. It is incorrect and flat out wrong but it persists at the risk of being redundant. Everybody has an opinion and everyone has an equal chance to be wrong including me. Thanks for the input.

825406323[/snapback]

Don't forget, they DID have to bail our starting QB out of jail the morning of the season opener my junior year. :ph34r:

825406323[/snapback]

Good point NWhoopaholic. Good to see the boys in Green and Gold back to themselves. I look forward to the baskeball season and hearing from you, even thought is always tough to put away the pads. Oh well, there's always next year. Get 'em Falcons.