Tyler McCann for mvp

Wilsonball

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tyler is nothing, he's not a D1 prospect if you think he is you are crazy i'm not going to sit here and tell u he's a bad ball player but there are plenty better players in the area than mccann "rutledge" .... tyler is over rated thats all i am going to say.....

Edited by H-Town34

Mccann is a good player but still has a lot of work. good games with easy layups and wide open assists dont make you a good player he had a good supporting cast playing around him in the state last year that other players focused on no one even had a clue who this kid was until the last second shot of the first round which came of a defensive mistake by FRA. He still has a long ways to go to being a good player far from the caliber of the players that has played in the past like Donald Ensor,Denny Ensor,Michael Burrow,Aaron Dugger,Rusty Chambers,those are some of the players that has put that program on the map and has got them to what led up to last years state title.Is Mccann a D1 prospect no but he can play at the next level small somewhere.But it will hurt Unaka losing the talent they lost of last years team.just for the fact you lost a big man 6'6 good scorer inside.

You lost about 95% of your scoring between Collins and Chambers not to mention great ball handling and great passing but that has never stopped the past Unaka teams they always come out sucessful in the end no matter who they lose.They got great talent comming up this year and should be really quick as they have been in the past.But the road wont be as easy as it was last year you have much better teams to worry about if you make it back.Cosby will have the Blakely kid back and there is a new transfer that they have got in from Cocke County who is a sophmore who is supposebly supposed to be a dangerous shooter from the outside area.Rockwood has most of there guards and the big 6'8 center returning back.

Bottom line is everyone this year will be gunning for Unaka hope they picked up the pieces from what they lost last year. :rolleyes:

Edited by 3Dgymnasium

Tyler is good, very good .. gotta get to the state tournament again to be mvp though. Cody Jones thats hilarious .... Derek Cline is a millions times better at the point guard position. There are atleast 3 players on unaka that would be considered best in the conference. I dont think that any team in the this area is that good anyway. However i dont think there is anyone that just stands out in east tennesse as the top player. I think Unaka, Hampton, and Happy Valley are the best teams in Carter County. I think Tylers one of 3 best in the area. But i also think cline, honeycutt, and rutledge are awesome point guards. But Mcann does have one thing on everyone ... MVP. Chambers, Collins, and Jones or not still gotta make your shots and play as good as you can play and he did that and no one can take that away from him.

P.S. Go Rangers, Go Bulldogs in your conference.

Bucwild must follow alot of basketball :huh: you make it seem like an individual thing.If we was basing last years team on that then you shouldve mentioned your boy Chambers sweeping all catagories in the tournaments. Player of the year, District MVP Regional MVP,led East Tn in scoring his junior year was in the top 5 this year and was all upper East Tennessee.Or the Collins kid on your guys team he was one of the best defenders and ball handlers your team had last year if you think thats the reason your team was sucessful in the state tournament last year then you are badly mistaken,Take those 3 seniors of that team and not only do you finish 3rd in the conference you dont even make it out of the regionals.That was a total team effort you guys put on at the state tournament and im sure if you ask how they got there they will plain and simple tell you it wasnt because of one guy that would be like saying well the Chamebers kid is the only reason you guys advanced to the state because of his game winning shot.But no thats not the reason it was a group of guys laying there hearts out every single game they played from the time November started down to the last game.

If you guys are planning on relying on 1 guy to carrying you to the state tournament then Unaka might as well just cancel resorvations because it wasnt a one man show Duggers senior year and it was not a one man show Chambers senior year it was all a group effort so you might wont to focus on relying on a team concept instead of 1 guy.

Edited by 3Dgymnasium

McCann??? MVP naaaa whoever started this crazy. He didnt do nuttin in the season and the only reason he did so well in the state Tourny is because they were doule-teaming Rusty Chambers. So dont even mention his name and MVP in the same sentence this year. thumb

825405709[/snapback]

you must be a big sports fan sounds like to me you keep up so when you and your family or your buddys travel to the buro this upcoming basketball season buy a program and look up past state Mvp and you will more than likely see Tyler Mccann State Mvp for single A i bet that just fries all you unaka downers pies and o yea sence you people like facts how many points did rusty avg from dist tourny to state im not goin to say big players step up in big games i think the State MVP is picked more on hard play rebonds and all around game not just points and who you are ponder on that