Riverdale, DB, Maryville and Mt Pleasant fans

mas1821

It's been a fact that Riverdale has been a hoss the past few yrs... and many others (including DB & Maryville) fans claim at some point throughout they year that they can take Riverdale etc... Well, a friend and I were planning on going to a Riverdale game about a month ago... We had a good time watching an Awesome H.S. team in action... Well he says to me.. "Man, Mt. Pleasant would spank riverdale" (neither of us mt. pleasant fans or residents) and I haven't even seen them play... I wonder, is he crazy?? So my ?'s are.... 1.) Why is it that all of these other fans are talkin smack but Mt. Pleasant hasn't.. W/ the season they are having some of their fans should be talking them up on these boards to be getting ppl that don't know much about them to come to their games and check them out... and 2.) Why isn't anyone ranking them in their top 10 overall in the state... they are 9-0.. not only are they on their way to an undefeated season, but they are averaging 55 pts a game and their opponents are averagin 5....

I still haven't seen MP play but i'm going to catch them in the playoffs...

Feel free to elaborate on your feelings about this guys... :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Riverdale, but last week I spent the first half at Mt. Pleasant-Wayne Co. and the second half at DCA-CPA and came away thinking Mt. Pleasant was the best of the four. DCA's line is awesome, but Mt. Pleasant won't find a mismatch there. Mt. Pleasant has a huge advantage in team speed and size - at the skill positions. Mt. Pleasant will knock out CPA in the second round and probably get the survivor of Davidson and DCA.

I haven't seen either team play so I can't make any wagers... That's stupid... All I can say Is my friend that I watched the Riverdale game with is From the 'boro, goes to MTSU, and has seen both teams play and states that Mt. Pleasant is better... I told him he was crazy... But even the fact that he thinks they are close in overall skills, makes me think that they must be very good this year because he knows his football... I'm partial to that because i've only seen riverdale play of the two...

Guest Rebelnation

I wish someone would start a decent thread. All these what if threads are driving me nuts...BUT their the only threads that are entertaining right now. NO WAY does a 1A team beat riverdale. Too many kids playing both ways. Sorry...

Bud, I've seen Mt. Pleasant play. What's the bet? I'm interested.

My bet is if Mt. Pleasant meets CPA, Mt. Pleasant wins? Loser buys lunch or dog at the championship games.

I think Mt. Pleasant is capable of winning it all. I have not seen DCA nor Boyd this year, but Mt. Pleasant is strong.

Mark my words "Mt Pleasant won't even win 1A, either Boyd, DCA, or CPA wins"

PS About 50 teams or more in TN would take Mt. Pleasant to the house

825404946[/snapback]