Elizabethton at Cherokee - Play-off Time!

GLee

Eric, I had predicted earlier (before the weather front roared in) that the game would be 24-21 Cyclones (Gotta stand with my guys, like you). I still think this could be the scoring range. Both teams have "big play" ability and even though the field will probably be 'slickern' a ribbon, and it is definately going to be cold and windy, I think each team will break loose on some long plays. Of course, the possiblity of a defensive stand down is possible with the bad conditions...... welllll......... I still think there will be a couple of long plays for scores or to set up short and a TD condition. But don't listen to me, I'm usually wrong! :justwrestle: Good luck and hope everyone comes out ok.

By the way, if your brother is a friend of Levi's, he's running with a good guy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mr. Bean...if DB is that good then where are all of the State Championship banners at. I mean with all of the so-called D1 caliber athletes that you are saying come through the halls of DB every year, then explain to me why they choke every single year. In both sports... if you want to get down to it. Another fact, Mr. Know it all, DB has around 2500 students to deal with compared to Cher 1000. That has alot to do with it. A little history, Cherokee's football program has gone just as far in the playoffs as good ole mighty Dobyns Bennett. The state semifinals, buddy. In the middle 90's, look it up. And to the Cher athlete who supposedly can't spell. 1.) Don't say something that you don't even know anything about b/c that is very far from the truth and 2.) I'd rather take spelling classes that be in jail like the great wideout from Kingsport. I graduated a couple of years ago. Played on a 8-2 regular season team, got beat by a very good Betsy team in the playoffs.... the same year that the undefeated and supposedly state championship bound DB got beat in the first round of the playoffs!

GLee, I don't know much about you all except from all the hear say. I do know that you all have an outstanding defense. I don't know much about the offense. Have you seen us play this year? The bad thing about the weather is that Cher doesn't have its usual big lineman and strong backfield. They are more wide-open with a strong-armed qb and some decent wide-outs. The rain will not be a good thing for the chief offense. But I think that despite the loss of Cher best defensive player, the def. will play good. It will be a good one to watch, that's for sure. Go Chiefs!

Sorry stick, but we have banners up. Look it up all the D-1 players the most recent Raines from UT. 2500 to 1000 students does that matter we both play on a 100 yard field and goal post. Good players on a great team win state title. your team does not play teams as good as Riverdale and don't say Maryville because we beat them in a scrimmage the year they won state. I know some folks from Volunteer from 1998-2003 year, and That team that beat you your year only had Vince Redd. Db got beat by a william blount that year by a Qb who could throw either left or right handed. The kid who can't spell--sorry but your teacher let you down. I bet you played basketball too stick? And your team never got out of region?

Elizabethton has a chance if they run the ball and play action because Cherokee secondary is soft. Cherokee is overrated in my book, their Qb is not that good nor are the receivers. They are corner post receivers mainly, they don't go a cross the middle because they are soft and scared of getting hit. QB's stats are high because they play teams that a little league team could beat West Greene, etc..

825411173[/snapback]

cherokee chiefs are ready and tell their quarterback to throw on our soft secondary.

DP, Cherokee had 3 wins against one win teams and 3 wins against teams at .500 or better. Elizabethton's schedule was loaded by teams that beat IMAC teams, including Eliz over Greeneville at Greeneville. TRUTH is, I just don't see a blow out by either team. I think Betsy will go home a winner by a slim margin. Just seeking the TRUTH and it will appear Friday night. <_<

Well I dont think luck, heart, good coachin or anything for that matter is goin to help the the cyclone's 2-morrow night. I've watched lots of film on good old betsy and although I hate to say it i believe it safe to say that they well stink to put it nicely!!!! Betsy's Defense is definitely their strong point ,but it's nowhere near anything to brag about -note to middle linebacker- "take a deep breath and just chill dude" . As for the Offense #1 terrible backfield #2 slow recievers #3 there is no way that weak line is gonna hold the chiefs reigning "D"(including the secondary!!) #4 the qb throws about as good as my 6 yr old brother ,but other than that he's pretty good . The only thing good thing goin for betsy is that one of the chiefs best linebackers #44 (2004 all net) is out thanks to cocke co. ,but i dont think its gonna make much of a difference b/c cherokee "will" win and everyone who says different knows they r just riding on hopes and dreams. As for the rest of the teams I believe ,with an exception of Tn. High, none of the Mtn. Lakes Conf teams will advance to the 2nd round of play-offs this year b/c we all know that the five rivers Conf. is the stronger of the 2 as a whole and i dont need stats to back that up it's thumb common sense. All i've got to say is bring it on cause we're ready and waitin. thumb

Edited by Funky_Bunch

Well there funky and twig, the IMAC could put an all-star team together and play TNhigh and still lose. :D sure you am get luck and win but what does that mean nothing but one game closer to getting murdered by TN high. as for #44 being the best linebacker in the land that is a joke!! :D he may be the best in hawkins county? one of the best is Matt McMillan from DB. Tell me how many tackles you think #44 will have tomorrow? How many yards does the QB have this season and his career?

Funk, It is not hard to tell that you are a kid. Good luck to you guys and you just might keep an eye on 44 from Betsy. Not a bad linebacker himself. Probably racking up around 14-15 tackles a game. Our QBs not too bad. He had as many passing yards as your guy. Just under 1500 and another good one behind him if there is a problem. Hummm....... It's a good match up so get over it. Other than that, if you guys do win, it will be the first loss of the year to an IMAC team by a MT. Lakes team. Interesting, but I admit, it could happen. Now it won't be a problem "chillin out" tonight. I promise you that. Have a good time at the game win or lose and we will all go home happier. Good luck dude Funk.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!

Edited by GLee