LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBLE!

Rebel Nation

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you Maryville fans talk about is how great you guys are and how bad Rhea County is, but let me remind you guys this, in the 1980's you guys were terrible.  If it wasn't for Coach Hammontree, you guys would not have won a state championship.  I belive that we (Rhea County) will win by 2 TDs.

825417402[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Maryville was terrible in the 1980's. Look at their playoff record:

AA Johnson County W 18-0 Early Round

AA Seymour W 41-7 Quarterfinal

AA Kingston L 6-2 Semifinal

AA Johnson County W 28-0 Early Round

AA Anderson County W 7-0 Quarterfinal

AA Cleveland L 26-6 Semifinal

AA Scott County W 21-7 Early Round

AA Erwin W 27-19 Quarterfinal

AA Marion County L 14-13 Semifinal

AA Harriman W 14-3 Early Round

AA Gatlinburg-Pittman W 31-14 Early Round

AA Chattanooga Central W 14-12 Quarterfinal

AA Austin-East L 21-3 Semifinal

AAA Knoxville Central L 28-13 Early Round

I wouldn't say Maryville was terrible in the 1980's.  Look at their playoff record:

AA Johnson County W  18-0 Early Round

AA Seymour W  41-7 Quarterfinal

AA Kingston L  6-2 Semifinal

AA Johnson County W  28-0 Early Round

AA Anderson County W  7-0 Quarterfinal

AA Cleveland L  26-6 Semifinal

AA Scott County W  21-7 Early Round

AA Erwin W  27-19 Quarterfinal

AA Marion County L  14-13 Semifinal

AA Harriman W  14-3 Early Round

AA Gatlinburg-Pittman W  31-14 Early Round

AA Chattanooga Central W  14-12 Quarterfinal

AA Austin-East L  21-3 Semifinal

AAA Knoxville Central L  28-13 Early Round

825417546[/snapback]

Those are the facts. Good job rebel96. Another fact. The playoffs were different back in the 80s. In 1980 and 1983 Maryville finished with 7-3 records. They were good teams. But! Back in them days if you didn't win your region you sit at home during the playoffs. Rule won the region in 1980.AE won the region in 1983. Rule was state runner up in 1980 to Brentwood Academy. Rule beat Maryville 15-8 that year. AE won the state title that year. AE beat Maryville 13-7 that year. The rules changed in 1986 where the region winner and runner up made the playoffs. AE won the region in 1986 and Maryville was runner up. AE beat Maryville in the playoffs. Maryvile was 12-2 that year. Both losses were to a great AE team. In 1988 Maryville went 7-3. Maryville was 7-1 going into the Sevier County game. Maryville lost their 2 best players that game and lost that night to Sevier County and lost next week to Carter. Their only other loss was to an Alcoa team that finished runner up to Brentwood Academy. Alcoa beat Maryville that year 27-26.

Maryville had good teams in the 80s. They weren't dominant like they were in the 70s and now.

Guest Rebelnation
All you Maryville fans talk about is how great you guys are and how bad Rhea County is, but let me remind you guys this, in the 1980's you guys were terrible.  If it wasn't for Coach Hammontree, you guys would not have won a state championship.  I belive that we (Rhea County) will win by 2 TDs.

825417402[/snapback]

You need to get your facts straight lil boy. Look back thru here...where's the disrespect for Rhea County? Everyone on here has respected you. Then you wanna show your ignorance by saying we stunk in the 80's and that we owe all our success to Tim. Honey, we won our first 4 championships before Tim was out of high school himself. I'm not sure how he helped us get those...look at the stats Rebelron was so good to share with you above. Hard to say we stunk, as Maryville has NEVER stunk.

You just don't like truth. It's like Rebelknight said. IF we play our A game, we win. You know that's true as much as anyone. There are maybe 6 teams in all of TN that can beat us when we play our A game. That's not disrespecting Rhea Co. That's just hard, cold truth. All Rebel fans love Tim. HE DID NOT CREATE MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL OR OUR TRADITIONS THOUGH. Get a life...I'm not sure Andy would want you as a fan. ;)

Edited by Rebelnation

You guys have to give kelly some credit...he got us fired up!

kelly,

1. we ALL have ultimate respect for coach Ham. we'll cheer loud tonight when they call his name from the press box. some of the students may not share that sentiment, but you can't hold it against them because they were just in middle school when Ham left.

2. regarding your signature line: i bet you like us a lot less after tonight (and yes i'm aware that this statement leaves me wide open for semi-witty remarks about dead rappers from the 90s)

Guest Rebelnation
The only reason Im going to give Rhea Co. any respect is because of Hammontree. Other than that Maryville will stomp on them and move on to the next round. When I say stomp I mean 5 TD's or more!!

825417918[/snapback]

Thanks for ruining my point there Dumpost...good job. :P

I cannot express my thanks, admiration, and appreciation of Coach Hammontree and Coach Quarles. They both did a great job teaching my son "ethical football". He's got two rings to show for it and some life long friends. I almost hate for these two coaches to meet again in competition. I will definatly seek out Coach Hammontree some time during the evening, shake his hand, thank him again and wish him well.

Now that the reminicing is done.... Red Rebels 38, Rhea Co. 27.

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp