LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBLE!

Rebel Nation

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be nice to have something to look forward to? We don't don't have any reason to over estimate anyone in our region and everntually, that's a bad thing.

Now, I'm not saying I want us all to go run and hide when the subject of a team arises. I'd just like to be able to say, hey, they could quite possibly hang a few on us. Hey they might kick our butts. Hey, their tough. I don't feel that way about our region. I felt it for about 5 minutes in the Powell game early.

Go Rhea County!! Grow and get better!! Just not this year haha :rolleyes:

I agree Maryville will take this game seriously and come out ready. I hope the D comes out with more intensity than they did at first vs. Clinton. If Maryville can get it going early I think Maryville wins handily. IF Maryville turns the ball over a few times or comes out flat, Hammondtree will make it a long night. Looking at some film and stats Rhea is more balanced with the run and pass than many Maryville players. The swarm is going to have to get after it early and give the O a few series' to hang some points on the board.

I heard that GQ laid it on the defense pretty hard after their lackluster performance at the beginning of the Clinton game. I also know that they were all dreading the repercussions that were to come in practice on Monday. I bet we don't see a repeat performance of that this week. It's the playoffs and I'm expecting to see MHS getting more, not less, intense. They can see the golden ball on the horizon and they will chase after it.

I agree Maryville will take this game seriously and come out ready.  I hope the D comes out with more intensity than they did at first vs. Clinton.  If Maryville can get it going early I think Maryville wins handily.  IF Maryville turns the ball over a few times or comes out flat, Hammondtree will make it a long night.  Looking at some film and stats Rhea is more balanced with the run and pass than many Maryville players.  The swarm is going to have to get after it early and give the O a few series' to hang some points on the board.

825412694[/snapback]

FBE, your signatrure line is AWESOME!!!!

I really enjoy making the trip North during playoff time to watch some teams you don't get to see that often espically Maryville. Every year sometime or another my Rhea County Golden Ealges have to travel to Maryville to face those high powered Maryville team. This year makes no exception, Rhea County will again make that trip north to Maryville but sad to say I will not be making the trip this year. I am currently living on the other side of the state in Memphis. I really enjoy watching Maryville play they are a great team with some outstanding athletes and always treats us (Rhea County) good when we come, even though the score may not act like it, but I want to say Thanks to the town of Maryville, the team, and the fans for a great atmosphere to play some high school football. I just hope with the guidance of Hammontree that one Friday night in November that Rhea County won't have to make that trip North, but instead seeing Maryville making the trip South to Rhea County High School, Eagle Stadium, Bill Horton Field to see another great game between these two great schools.

Edited by eagleRC