Liberty defeats Murray, KY

ReitzFan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this Coacht and not Coachk, I heard Murray is getting some hotshot new coach next year?  Anybody know who it is?

825414423[/snapback]

His name is Madison Edwards. I think he used to coach at Ezell Harding and Lipscomb. He "cut his teeth" working with Kevin Temple at Lipscomb.

Temple is also largely responsible for McGavock's defensive success. He trained their DC, Baskin Green, when he was at Lipscomb.

His name is Madison Edwards.  I think he used to coach at Ezell Harding and Lipscomb.  He "cut his teeth" working with Kevin Temple at Lipscomb.

Temple is also largely responsible for McGavock's defensive success.  He trained their DC, Baskin Green, when he was at Lipscomb.

825414464[/snapback]

Mr. Nancy,

I think you are on the right track but some of your facts our off. Madison Edwards never coached at Ezell. He coached at Eagleville, Goodpasture, then Lipscomb and was going to be Lipscomb University's first head coach untill Murray State called and offered him a position as a "walk on" coach. One thang led to another and the next thang you know he is in line to be Murray's next head coach.

I am sure he will be looking at his old coaching staff at Eagleville, Goodpasture, and Lipscomb to get some assistants.

What is the nickname of Murray's team?

Mr. Nancy, 

I think you are on the right track but some of your facts our off.  Madison Edwards never coached at Ezell.  He coached at Eagleville, Goodpasture, then Lipscomb and was going to be Lipscomb University's first head coach untill Murray State called and offered him a position as a "walk on" coach.  One thang led to another and the next thang you know he is in line to be Murray's next head coach.

I am sure he will be looking at his old coaching staff at Eagleville, Goodpasture, and Lipscomb to get some assistants.

What is the nickname of Murray's team?

825414509[/snapback]

I think they are the screaming gophers. Is Hayden Fox retiring? I always thought that Michael Daubinski would get the head job. I guess Luther Van Damm is just too old to take over. That Edward's guy must be 1 smart cookie to get the job as the head coach of the screaming gophers. Is Donnie Warner still on that staff?

Mayfield is the best 5-5 team in the state of Kentucky.

825414103[/snapback]

I love it when somebody says they are the best .500 or under team in the state...LOL...

Here it is ....I'm gonna say it.....OCCHS is the best 2-8 team in the state!!! :angry:

Granted,I wouldn't want to play Mayfield...... :(

Isn't Murray High the Tigers ????? :P

Probably, because Mr. Nancy was off on his coaching background of Madison Edwards so he is probably off on the nickname also.

How do you know so much about them living in Chatt.?

825414620[/snapback]

I work here and travel back and forth to Union City......Lived in UC all my life....Well aware of the "football" played in Western Ky.....

I love it when somebody says they are the best .500 or under team in the state...LOL...

Here it is ....I'm gonna say it.....OCCHS is the best 2-8 team in the state!!! :lol:

Granted,I wouldn't want to play Mayfield...... :)

Isn't Murray High the Tigers ????? :D

825414605[/snapback]

I can make the statement stick about Mayfield, but I don't think you can about OCCHS. The Cardinals were 5-5 in 2001 and made it to the 1A semi-finals...the same type of thing could happen this year as well. Can you find another team this year that has a record of 5-5 and is a legitimate contender to get to the semi-finals or finals? I doubt it. I believe your brother would agree with me. :)

Edited by sportsradiotn

I can make the statement stick about Mayfield, but I don't think you can about OCCHS.  The Cardinals were 5-5 in 2001 and made it to the 1A semi-finals...the same type of thing could happen this year as well.  Can you find another team this year that has a record of 5-5 and is a legitimate contender to get to the semi-finals or finals?  I doubt it.    I believe your brother would agree with me.  :D

825414795[/snapback]

Hence the weakness of the "football" played in the great commonwealth of Kentucky....And he does agree with me on that......

Leave the football to Tennessee and the basketball to Kentucky....

And you should have known I was being sarcastic when I made the comment about OC.....

A little story about what I have seen as far as quality teams in Ky.....I went and watched Boyle Co last year play Tighlman in the semi-finals of the state play-offs last year in Paducah....Boyle had entered the game on a 40 some odd game winning streak and was 2 or 3 time defending state champion....So I thought what a great opportunity to go see a team with a nationally recognized winning streak.Tighlman as you remember last year had a very good team...Well as I watched the game,I kept thinking,You know I have seen a whole lot better teams in lower classifications in Tennessee...I was fortunate enough on a trip to Panama City Beach,to go see Fort Walton Beach(3A) and Springfield(5A) play..There have been no teams I have seen in Tennessee could match-up with either of those teams..They looked like small colleges out there playing and had an intensity and speed about them that was awesome....Anyway back to Boyle,they did end up beating Tighlman 42-21 after being tied at 21 at the half...But I left that game thinking man if that's all they got,then football is pretty weak in Ky.....

Now back to the mighty Cardinals of Mayfield.....They have the same opportunity to play in a higher classification as Tennessee teams do....They play their usual pathetic teams in the First District 1A and they do play better competition in their out of region games...now albeit they had the mercy rule invoked on them up in Evansville Ind this year where they lost in the neighborhood of 63 -10 or something like that....Point being IF they played in a tougher classification,on a week to week basis not just every once in awhile,they may not be as dominant....Like you said,they went to Jax N-S a couple years back and won...they have played UC and won,but put them in that situation EVERY week and see how they do.....And actually they can help their district situation...They could play up....I have ALWAYS respected the program at Mayfield...But also in the back of my mind I have to consider their opposition too....

Remember,there are TWO 1A teams in Kentucky...Danville and Mayfield....If those two teams don't make at least the semi's then then the stars are out of whack...I would love to see them play a CPA,USJ,DCA,FCR or Boyd Buchanan or even a MT.Pleasant and see if they could continually make the semi's of a state championship.....

When you are .500 or under you are a mediocre team at best...Nothing more nothing less.If Mayfield was better than .500 then the record would show it...If OC was better than 2-8 the record would show it....But they are not...

yea i remeber last year after west6 carroll played halls last year on a thursday night i went to murray to whatch liberty and murray and murray wipped them and i thought that they would to this year  but they sure showed me. good job to the crusaders.

825415969[/snapback]

Please tell me how you didn't flunk off the football team at West Carroll???