2A Playoffs Region 5 and 6

Gerry Bertier

Before anymore is said about Lewis co. and the playoffs last year I'd like everyone to remember how lopsided the calling was at Lewis Co. against the opposing teams. What was it in three games 100 penalties against the visitors and 3 against Lewis Co? Even in the Huntingdon game they tried to call back as many TD's as possible. There was also the matter of the band trying to drown out the teams plays. Maybe this year on the road you can observe how a host is supposed to act.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anymore is said about Lewis co. and the playoffs last year I'd like everyone to remember how lopsided the calling was at Lewis Co. against the opposing teams. What was it in three games 100 penalties against the visitors and 3 against Lewis Co? Even in the Huntingdon game they tried to call back as many TD's as possible. There was also the matter of the band trying to drown out the teams plays. Maybe this year on the road you can observe how a host is supposed to act.

825413557[/snapback]

Excuses only please those who make them.

After looking at film on Lewis co I think Lion's fans can expect a different game than last year but never underestimate a good team with a good coach in the post season...Huntingdon should roll over Loretto but Loretto does bring some size to make things interesting....Fairview should be able to handle Adamsville because although they may not have the speed 6aa and 7aa does they do play similar ball so they may be able to exploit the same weakness... but Adamsville is a tough little club who has given some of the more successful teams fits, so you never can tell???...and finally the best match-up of the 1st round, McKenzie and Cheatham co...this one should be a great game since each should be able to exploit the others weakness...could be a high scoring basketball type score (or at least it needs to be if Cheatham wants to keep up)...but I expect both teams to bring their A-games so you never know... could end up 6-7 with either winning...I of course will be pulling for 6aa teams but I wish 5aa good luck and a hopefully injury free 1st round for all!

825413557[/snapback]

I agree...maybe we'll all be on our best behavior and have a great game at Wrights Field....only the first of many for many years to come! go lions!

I look for Camden to win over Lewis Co. this year. I also look for Mckenzie to come out on top. I haven't seen Mckenzie play a good game. I've HEARD that despite their record they are a very high quality football team. (I was at the Westview/Mckenzie game and that was'nt a high quality high school team.) I wish all teams luck and I especially wish luck to Camden and Mckenzie.

Edited by Chargerman

Huntingdon vs. Lorretto.... The milk jugs will be out and electricity will fill the air of Paul Ward Stadium this Friday night. Huntingdon should win, but we have to go for the kill at the start. Lorretto will try to control the ball and the clock, three yards and a cloud of dust, much like what Fairview did to us in 2002. Huntingdon needs to score early and often in this one, and I think with the speed advantage we will.

Huntingdon 40 Loretto 14

Camden vs. Lewis County.... First home playoff game in Camdens history, the crowd and team will be pumped to the max. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes a bad. I expect a defensive struggle in this one with The Lions coming out on top.

Camden 17 Lewis County 13

Cheatham County vs. McKenzie.... All I can say about this one is that while Hayes is a phenominal talent....If I had a rb like Cook and two monster lineman like Luna and Edwards I would run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, to set up the pass not vice versa. In a shootout.

McKenzie 38 Cheatham Co. 35

Fairview vs. Adamsville.....Adamsville has got some speed, if they could make some big plays with kickoff and punt returns they might keep this one interesting? Fairview will more than likely physically pound Adamsville into submission (but I do hope I'm wrong)

Fairview 35 Adamsville 14

I pretty much agree with mustang69 on his assesment of how McKenzie should approach Cheatham Co. offensively!!! They sure won't expect it. The only thing I would add is that the Rebels need to throw more short routes when passing instead of going long so much.

Chargerman,

True, McKenzie sure didn't look like much against Westview. The talent is here but, it hasn't come out on the field enough. We played very well against Huntingdon and dropped passes likely cost us a shot at a Rebel win though. Hopefully, this is a sign that the Rebels are gearing up for the playoffs.

Edited by duckman38201

dont know much about the west tenn teams but i seen the others play .

cheatham county is big up front very physical, some great tough linebackers and a good running back, i question the secondary maybe (loretto game)

fairview has a good line on both sides of the ball if remember correctly they had good linebacker and one good runningback thats hard to bring down, when i saw them play i dont recall them passing alot they had a good kicker also.

loretto has a good running back (fisher?) they are more of a finesse team good qb and wide receiver, defensively up front you can run against them, they can make big plays but can give them up also.

lewis co has a good back (hatton?) qb is not all that great if you put pressure on him his arm is weak if lewis county has to pass they are in trouble, but they do run the veer ok not great but just ok.defensively they do not have a good line on both sides of the ball to slow, big but sloooow.

i would like to congratulate fairview for winning the region long time coming after years of dominating by lewis and harpeth

i believe that on any given night that anybody can be beat , but here is my picks

cheatham co fairview have the best chance of winning

lewis county> to young and slow

loretto> not physical enough

Guest catfish-hunter

This seems like it has been the longest week ever. Gameday has finally arrived and I am sticking by my prediction that region 5-2A will advance Cheatham, Fairview, and Lewis County into the second round. Huntingdon is just too talented of a football team to fall in the first round. Camden and McKenzie will put up great fights, but in the end they will fall. On the same note, I believe that Loretto will play hard at Huntingdon but in the end Huntingdon's big play ability will be too much. Best of luck to everyone and I hope for some hardnosed, but injury-free ball games tonight.

Hope all the games are injusry free Firday night. Good luck to everyone.

Go 6AA!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

We're being sent to A next season so I'd like to see us go out of AA with some good memories from this season. I know I'll sure miss all the action of 6AA and the first rounds of the playoffs. Been some good rivalries between us and ya'll in 5AA develop over the years.

825413001[/snapback]