Jefferson County Patriots

jcpatriotfan

I agree, he will be another big play guy in 06 for the varsity(he he doesn`t play some his freshman year) I wonder if he`ll be moved to WR like Dallas, I`ve been thinking about it and we`ll need a good WR in 06.

825415360[/snapback]

I havn't seen the McFall kid play but have seen him in person. He looks like one of those kids that matured early (MAN AMONG BOYS). I have heard nothing but big things about him. I hope he's the real deal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcfalls, is approx. 5'7 125lbs, he has worked out on weights for the last 2 years. He has above average speed 4.7, 4.8 40 yard dash for a middle school kid. The coaches at JCMS told me that he is the best player they have sent to the high school in the last 10 yeras. He also his a very good catcher, on the baseball team. The only thing I saw when I watched him play was that he has a bad attitude, whcih can be corrected. He also was playing a pretty good team and they pretty much contained him. He had a TD on the second half kick-off. and in the last seconds of the game he had an INT for a TD. QB for the other team may have thrown 3 pass all year.

I would think he may could help next years team, but not at QB. Maybe on special teams, or at cb. or wo. Hope caoch U does not care if he plays Baseball, because he will.

Guest Oakland
Mcfalls, is approx. 5'7 125lbs, he has worked out on weights for the last 2 years. He has above average speed 4.7, 4.8 40 yard dash for a middle school kid. The coaches at JCMS told me that he is the best player they have sent to the high school in the last 10 yeras. He also his a very good catcher, on the baseball team. The only thing I saw when I watched him play was that he has a bad attitude, whcih can be corrected. He also was playing a pretty good team and they pretty much contained him. He had a TD on the second half kick-off. and in the last seconds of the game he had an INT for a TD. QB for the other team may have thrown 3 pass all year.

I would think he may could help next years team, but not at QB. Maybe on special teams, or at cb. or wo. Hope caoch U does not care if he plays Baseball, because he will.

825416222[/snapback]

while at oakland, coach U had many players who played more than 1 sport, so im sure he will be willing to work with any kids that want to play football and another sport on top of it thumb

As the statement went earlier (Man amoung boys) we have seen this before at JC and most of the time it has not worked out as a freshman.

Jackem Taylor

Rocky Blair

etc.

Only Spencer Riley started and played well as a true freshman. He had set back a year at Strawplains MS, so he should have been a soph. That goes for Rocky and Jackem.

I do not remember another fresman starting or playing very much.

Nick and Mcfalls are the same type player.

I really think its best for freshman to play freshman football not varsity to start out with. Moving a kid from middle school football to varsity football is a HUGE jump. Kids need that acclamation time, plus players build bonds in freshman football that stick with them all the way till their senior year. Unless a freshman is good enough to start or play alot as a freshman they shouldn`t play varsity, JV is a possibility. Chris Shiverdecker learned alot by playing on varsity last year, but he didn`t play much. Why rush a good freshman that you don`t need? All you will do is to put pressure on the kid, he'll try to prove he belongs which will lead to mistakes. Now if he's ready to play varsity I`m all for it, but like Barnyard said "most of the time it doesn`t work out" not to mention the fact that most freshman aren`t mature enough. Let Mcfall play freshman football and learn how to play football on the high school level before you throw him in with the wolves. Both Maury and Jeff had very good middle school seasons and from what I hear they`re both loaded with talent, so we should have another good freshman team next fall. Mcfall and the rest will be able to help make 2006 a season to remember :D

JC4Life just skip next years season all together. Don't come to the games and don't get on here and post about the 2005 team. All we've heard since the end of the season and some during the season is that the 2006 Season is the "ONE". What does that tell next years players? You might as well come out and say" Boys go ahead and buckle up the chinstraps and play but know you are the opening act foir the headliner next year".

As I said in an earlier post, I want you to remember all these post overlooking next years team. When they are in the playoffs, I want you to remember giving them no credit or chance.

• 7 months later...