Coffee County

CCtreydaddyCC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has been really good conversation on next week's game so far but im curious as to how these 2 teams can be so closely compared when you think about the teams leabnon has played and the teams lebanon has beaten. what do these guys have that smyrna doesn't? i mean is the RB already signed with miami or something? lebanon has proved that they can play with most teams and even contain some of the better players in the state and no one has convinced me that coffe county has any great chance in taking lebanon down. im not dissing them i just want some more information on their team.

every team we have played has said they can stop or contain jake and our running game but no one had stopped him yet...we have ran and scored on everyone so far so what makes lebanon think they can stop him? Gonna be a real good game if CC's defense plays to its capabilities....who knows its a toss up for me but i am pulling for you raiders!

every team we have played has said they can stop or contain jake and our running game but no one had stopped him yet...we have ran and scored on everyone so far so what makes lebanon think they can stop him? Gonna be a real good game if CC's defense plays to its capabilities....who knows its a toss up for me but i am pulling for you raiders!

825409810[/snapback]

i have no doubt that "jake" is a great player but what makes you think is better than orona and johnson or the RB's from blackman or the double RB's from antioch? and what makes you think coffee county can hold down justin johnson, todd cross, sergio williams, and kenny sallis? im not trying to start a fight im just curious. this is a very hot and confident...not cocky...team right now and im excited to hear the results of the game. due to another obligation i wont be able to come home and see this one but hopefully i can go to the second round. Go Devils...and i hope the 2nd round is @ Lebanon which means wilson central has to beat cookeville. Go Wilson County!

Last meeting...Week 2 of 1996 - '97 season Coffee Co 21 Lebanon 17. This meeting... prediction is 35-14 with the host team winning. I hope CC will prevail but I don't think they can match the athleticism of Lebanon. Lincoln Co pretty much dominated CC 3 weeks ago & I wasn't too impressed with the Falcons. CC needs to force some turnovers & get a lead & go ball control to win the game.

Lebanon has a whole lot of momentum right now and they have faced some dangerous backs.All i hear about Coffee sounty is nunley. THey better be able to do something else.

825409937[/snapback]

Everything points to a win by Lebanon, but Miami was supposed to beat N.Carolina and Georgia was supposed to beat Tennessee and etc. Go Red Raiders.

Could a Red Raider fan out there tell me a little about Coffee County? I'm ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about them. I know Nunley is a good back, but what other weapons do they have? What is their defense like? Based on what I know about Lebanon, and what I have heard about Coffee County and looking at scores, etc. I will say:

Lebanon 31

Coffee Co 17

Nunley has a good day, but not great by his standards (maybe 90-100 yards)

Justin Johnson, Todd Cross, and the powerful LHS line continue the offensive output that has them averaging over 30 a game.

If the Raiders won, it would be considered an upset. Upsets happen, and obviously if CC is in the playoffs they are a solid team. No Blue Devil fan should consider this one "in the bag." However, unlike Lebanon teams of past years, this bunch doesn't count their eggs before they hatch. They are one of the hottest teams in the state right now; they've given no reason to expect anything but a win. Just my (probably biased) opinion.

Edited by BlackAndBlueDevil

Ok, here's some info on Coffee County for those Lebanon supporters that requested it.

Jake Nunley is not the only player on the team, and he doesn't even get half the offensive plays called for him. The Red Raiders have two other backs that take the pressure off of Nunley, I think they have about 500 yards rushing this year apiece. They also double as pass catchers out of the backfield (and Nunley too, he has caught a few passes this year). Coffee County also has two bona fide deep threats and a tight end with better than average hands. Quarterback has thrown for over 1000 yards this year and is somewhere around 12th (I think) in the midstate in passing. You can find the stats on the Tennessean's website.

The question will be Coffee County's defense. If the offense plays to form, it will probably develop into a game to see who can outscore whom. If CC's defense can play well against the Lebanon rushing attack, it will be a much closer and probably low scoring game. So, the offense is a bit more diverse that you might think, and it works pretty well. If it's clicking, Lebanon will have troubles and if Nunley has success, you'll probably see a lot of him. It will depend on how the Blue Devils react to it.

Could someone give a decent rundown of the Blue Devils for those that aren't quite as knowledgable about this year's Lebanon team?