Collierville

dragon12

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the streak Collierville has been having in the playoffs, will they get past the first round?

I defently think they get past the first round this year. They are playing a Bartlett team that is havin a down year. Collierville should win in the first round.

825409603[/snapback]

Bartlett is a very young team who has played very good football the last two weeks, taking two region champions down to the last minute. I'm not going to predict a Panther win, but Bartlett is better than most people give them credit for.

Bartlett's only 2-8 because of their schedule -- if they'd taken a more...um...Bolton approach to the non-region schedule, they'd be 5-5 or 6-4.

Bolton's non-region games were Houston, Brighton, Munford, Harding, and Kirby.

Bartlett's non-region was Houston, Harding, Haywood, White Station, and JCM.

You make the call

825412091[/snapback]

Exactly. I think Bartlett goes 3-2 against that non-region schedule, losing to Houston and Harding -- and they could beat Harding, just didn't execute well in that game. Bolton still probably goes 4-1, maybe 3-2, against Bartlett's nonconf, though.

hey dragon and opperman u know i had to drop my two cents. I think that Collierville is going to win this one if they dont underestimate their competition. Like opperman said this team has gotten good over these last few weeks with a close loss to cordova. thats definitely a game that i would not want to be in with seeing their record and possibly getting the big head. Thats prolly one of the toughest games for a good team to play. Good Luck to you both

Hey give some feedback on the Houston Millington game this week.

hey dragon and opperman u know i had to drop my two cents.  I think that Collierville is going to win this one if they dont underestimate their competition.  Like opperman said this team has gotten good over these last few weeks with a close loss to cordova.  thats definitely a game that i would not want to be in with seeing their record and possibly getting the big head.  Thats prolly one of the toughest games for a good team to play.  Good Luck to you both 

Hey give some feedback on the Houston Millington game this week.

825412211[/snapback]

Millington's been playing better and better lately, but their scheme can be defended by a well-disciplined and reasonably quick defense, which Houston has in them.

Honestly, I think Collierville probably wins over Bartlett. But I do know that I've been way off two weeks in a row on what would happen with Bartlett. They've played two very good teams very close. They were basically two plays from winning both games...and in the Haywood game, Haywood had one long touchdown that should have had a block in the back called right at the line of scrimmage that allowed the RB to turn upfield. (Wouldn't have mattered if the Panthers could have punched it in on 4th and goal at the 1 later, but still)

I think Bartlett will be up for this game but I think Collierville's offense will be too much for them to handle. That will more than likely lead to a rematch with Gtown.

what do yall think about the rest of the games in 5A shelby Metro here are my predictions:

Collierville 35 Bartlett 14

Cordova 28 White Station 21

Germantown 28 Bolton 24

Millington 21 Houston 13

2nd round

Cordova 24 Millington 19

Germanown35 Collierville 24

Quaterfinals

Germantown13 Cordova 7

I think Bartlett will be up for this game but I think Collierville's offense will be too much for them to handle. That will more than likely lead to a rematch with Gtown.

what do yall think about the rest of the games in 5A shelby Metro here are my predictions:

Collierville 35 Bartlett 14

825413119[/snapback]

Bravo, nice call.

I think Germantown and Houston win this week. Collierville and White Station have great offenses, but their defenses aren't very good this year. At all.