Station Camp @ Tyner

OVERHOLT2323

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Station Camp is a new program. I think just their second year with varsity. Them and Blackman are the only two TN schools to make playoffs in second year of eligibility.

Team is fairly well coached. Not a lot of size. Fairly athletic; but, overall very young. The WOW factor may hurt them. Tyner definitely will have more talent and less coaching.

Warning to the Station Camp fans. Practice for game viewing by looking slightly uphill at something, preferably with a light pole in the way. Also, it's best to tie on a lifeline in case you fall thru their bleachers. If you drop something, its just not worth it to try and retrieve.

Station Camp is a new program.  I think just their second year with varsity.  Them and Blackman are the only two TN schools to make playoffs in second year of eligibility.

Team is fairly well coached.  Not a lot of size.  Fairly athletic; but, overall very young.  The WOW factor may hurt them.  Tyner definitely will have more talent and less coaching.

Warning to the Station Camp fans.  Practice for game viewing by looking slightly uphill at something, preferably with a light pole in the way.  Also, it's best to tie on a lifeline in case you fall thru their bleachers.  If you drop something, its just not worth it to try and retrieve.

825411206[/snapback]

I'm really not sure why you think that Tyner will have less coaching. No one expected them to be 9-1 this season, but I guess that coaching has nothing to do with that.

I will tell you why I made that statement. I have seen them play Lipscomb five or six times. They always have considerably more talent yet lose about half the time. Have never been impressed with the coaching staff.

Last year is a prime example. Noone in 2A should have been able to beat Tyner. They were never in the game with Lipscomb. That's lack of coaching.

It is my opinion to which I'm entitled.

I will tell you why I made that statement.  I have seen them play Lipscomb five or six times.  They always have considerably more talent yet lose about half the time.  Have never been impressed with the coaching staff.

Last year is a prime example.  Noone in 2A should have been able to beat Tyner.  They were never in the game with Lipscomb.  That's lack of coaching.

It is my opinion to which I'm entitled.

825411639[/snapback]

...Yes you are entitled to your opinion, however, with teams on Tyner's & Lipscomb's level victories will be split fairly even...our record since we started playing Lipscomb in 1997 is 3-3...I'll bet many 2A teams would love to have that much success against them...With your logic about coaching, I guess it was bad coaching on Lipscomb's loss to Tyner...With the $$$$ and the number of coaches that Lipscomb has, I would have to say that the "RAMS" have done extremely well under the cicumstances(IMHO)!!!