Baylor

LifeisGood4

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red nylon singlets with gray trim and red tights.

825411881[/snapback]

LOL, that was great. This is the kind of humor we need on the boards.

But on topic, I think Baylor may yet again be the team to beat in Div. II. I think that McCallie, Ryan, and CBHS will all be fairly close though. I think this will be the tightest race in Div. II in years.

Baylor will be very tough this year under the leadership of Corey Manson and Phil Splitalny. They picked a new kid out of Alabama named Micheal Bell, who should contribute greatly this year. The returning starters are tough: Waddel, Johnson, Doster, Walker, and others. The upcoming freshman will prove to be ready to compete as well. It should be another good year in D. II. McCallie and Ryan should also be tough. But, Yes, Baylor did lose many tough seniors that led last year's team strongly, but hopefully the younger kids learned from that experience and will carry on the tradition. Although, you can't ask for better leaders than Manson and Splitalny. Good luck this year, Boys.

Baylor will be tough, but McCallie will be right there with them.  As usual, the Chattanoga teams will dominate DII with the also-rans of Nashville (Ryan and MBA) lagging behind and the never-wases of Memphis (CBHS and MUS) bringing up the rear.  Yep, DII is predictable, and I predict that the Blue Tornado will finish on top!

825412917[/snapback]

Well, it was not predictable last year at the tradtional tourney. Baylor whacked there way to the championship. Nice job by those boys.

Guest luckyleprechaun
Baylor will be tough, but McCallie will be right there with them.  As usual, the Chattanoga teams will dominate DII with the also-rans of Nashville (Ryan and MBA) lagging behind and the never-wases of Memphis (CBHS and MUS) bringing up the rear.  Yep, DII is predictable, and I predict that the Blue Tornado will finish on top!

825412917[/snapback]

How does Ryan get to be an also ran? I beleive my Irish also ran to a State Duals title last year...over Baylor who I believe was not even in the finals of the duals. Chattanooga teams will dominate, isnt it a little early to be so boastful?

825412917[/snapback]

I also do not see how you can say the D II will be predictable. The only thing that is predictable is that, as always, there will be two intense state tournaments. Baylor will be tough this year, but as always McCallie and Ryan answer back strongly. McCallie definently was in it last year, but did not finish on top in either of the state tournaments, so for you to say that Ryan is an "also-ran" in relation to McCallie is not factual. Last year, McCallie didn't come through two tournaments in a row, but, to give credit to Ryan, they had their moment of glory and so did the Baylor Red Raiders when nobody thought they would.