Heritage scrimmage

mountaineerfan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclones were up on Blount 17-15 at the half. Blount out scored Elizabethton 18-1 in the third quarter when the Cyclone JV's played the entire period. Baughman and Crapps played the 4th quarter and the Cyclones shut out Blount 17-0 to take the game. Remember, 4 of the Cyclones' top 9 did not even make the trip including starting point guard Valnessha Redd and starting 6'3" sophomore center Michaela Pietrowski, so enjoy your 3rd quarter success, but the Cyclones still came out on top with half their varsity team.

You might want to mention that Elizabethton was up on Blount when they went to their bench. The cyclones jumped on Blount early and led at the half. Baughman and Crapps sat out the entire third quarter while Blount surged from behind to take the 15 point lead led almost singlehandedly by Puelo. The cyclones went back to their starters in the fourth and held William Blount scoreless, outscoring them 17-0.

Blount then played Pigeon Forge winning by I believe 3.

It was a scrimmage and of course coaches substituted freely. The cyclones played without three of their top seven players. I think the nine kids they took were two seniors, one junior, four sophs and two freshmen.

I will say this, that Puelo is some player. I watched McMahan play a game too and I think Puelo, who is a year younger, is not far behind her. Greeneville's Lyons is also a heck of a player.

Sounds from here like those ole competitive juices are flowing, even in pre-season, huh guys? :(

I'm just glad that both coaches used the foresight to play deep into their line-ups. With Pietrowski back, and especially if she's improved at all after an outstanding tournament run last season (and I'm sure she has), Elizabethton will be a Major Player through the Regionals. Valneesha is a BIG concern.

By GOSH, I can hardly wait. :angry:

Blount then played Pigeon Forge winning by I believe 3.

It was a scrimmage and of course coaches substituted freely.

825421564[/snapback]

I think William Blount won by 2 points, but I could be mistaken. Pigeon Forge beat them in team camp this summer. It's hard to say who the better team is in team camps and scrimmages, because there is no consistency with the rules and referees. What am I saying? There's not much consistency in district games either. :D

Bottom line...looks like these two AA teams, Pigeon Forge and Elizabethton, can play ball with the big schools, huh? Pigeon Forge also beat Campbell Co. yesterday. I don't think our girls were playing very well, but that is what the scrimmages are for, to get them ready.