WAVERLY vs JACKSON NORTH SIDE

playboysb

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your opinion may be correct.  My question is this.  Why are you on Northside's jock??? Waverly is a lot closer to Camden than Jackson.  Oh yeah....the rivalry thing.  Well, a rivalry is when both teams in a given sport (basketball being the case here) are relatively even and have great games year in and year out.  Camden and Waverly are NOT basketball rivals.  With the exception of one....mishap....Waverly has dominated Camden for the better part of 15 years.  So as for that give it up.  Now that that issue has been resolved.  Cheer for Waverly.  We came over and supported your football team when they played at home and in Fairview.  Turn about is fair play.  Also, as for your statement about biting off more than they can chew....you may be right, however, it is called playing quality competition in order to ready yourself for the playoffs.  Delk twins, Barbie twins....whoever....Waverly will play this team tooth and nail and when the dust settles still reign over Camden!!!!!!!

WHO DO I TRUST???? ME

825494229[/snapback]

Ok, I never said one negative thing about Waverly, why do you put words in my mouth. I said that Waverly does have a good team. I was simply stating the facts, I could care less who wins, I'm not on either side. And when did I say anything about basketball rivals? I'll check it again but I'm pretty sure the word rival, heck even basketball, will not be found in there. True, Waverly has dominated Camden basketball, but I think all would agree the tables turn when the "Battle for the Bridge" game comes each fall.

Ok, I never said one negative thing about Waverly, why do you put words in my mouth. I said that Waverly does have a good team. I was simply stating the facts, I could care less who wins, I'm not on either side. And when did I say anything about basketball rivals? I'll check it again but I'm pretty sure the word rival, heck even basketball, will not be found in there. True, Waverly has dominated Camden basketball, but I think all would agree the tables turn when the "Battle for the Bridge" game comes each fall.

825497677[/snapback]

true you never said anything about rivals. i was saying that that could be the reason for your statement about waverly biting off more than they could chew and seemingly rooting for n-side. I was simply making an observation...if the rivalry thing was an issue then I was pointing out the lack of one. I do like to see your coming clean about the dominance of Waverly Basketball. As for the fall games.....well.....you got me there. Waverly Football is suffering. Your Lions football squad....with the addition of the great and glorious Chad Wyatt.....are exceptional. Congrats, on the playoff run. Now, if you can find it in your heart, I have an extra Waverly Tiger t-shirt that I will let you borrow for the Northside Game. You can give it back when you guys play them....oh yeah you don't.

LOL......Just Joking on the last bit.

TONY MONTANA

true you never said anything about rivals.  i was saying that that could be the reason for your statement about waverly biting off more than they could chew and seemingly rooting for n-side.  I was simply making an observation...if the rivalry thing was an issue then I was pointing out the lack of one.  I do like to see your coming clean about the dominance of Waverly Basketball.  As for the fall games.....well.....you got me there.  Waverly Football is suffering.  Your Lions football squad....with the addition of the great and glorious Chad Wyatt.....are exceptional.  Congrats, on the playoff run.  Now, if you can find it in your heart, I have an extra Waverly Tiger t-shirt that I will let you borrow for the Northside Game.  You can give it back when you guys play them....oh yeah you don't.

TONY MONTANA

825498591[/snapback]

Thanks about the football comment, but unfortunately, me wearing anything Waverly blue would be wrong and unacceptable to the black and gold faithful, hence I must decline on your invitation, I'm sure you understand. Nonetheless, good luck against Northside, you really are gonna need it. Alot of it....

true you never said anything about rivals.  i was saying that that could be the reason for your statement about waverly biting off more than they could chew and seemingly rooting for n-side.  I was simply making an observation...if the rivalry thing was an issue then I was pointing out the lack of one.  I do like to see your coming clean about the dominance of Waverly Basketball.  As for the fall games.....well.....you got me there.  Waverly Football is suffering.  Your Lions football squad....with the addition of the great and glorious Chad Wyatt.....are exceptional.  Congrats, on the playoff run.  Now, if you can find it in your heart, I have an extra Waverly Tiger t-shirt that I will let you borrow for the Northside Game.  You can give it back when you guys play them....oh yeah you don't.

TONY MONTANA

825498591[/snapback]

i hope that t-shirt has a big hole for THE HEAD TO GET THROUGH.THOSE PEOPLE IN CAMDEN CANT GET A REGULAR SHIRT ON WITH THERE HEADS SWOLEN so big from beating,YOU GUESSED IT---BIG SANDY!I HAE NEVER SEEN A TOWN SO proud of beating teams that are lucky to have a program at all.in mckenzie,we would rather lose,like we are doing,to good competition than beat the biG SANDYS OF WEST TENNESSEE.

i hope that t-shirt has a big hole for THE HEAD TO GET THROUGH.THOSE PEOPLE IN CAMDEN CANT GET A REGULAR SHIRT ON WITH THERE HEADS SWOLEN so big from beating,YOU GUESSED IT---BIG SANDY!I HAE NEVER SEEN A TOWN SO proud of beating teams that are lucky to have a program at all.in mckenzie,we would rather lose,like we are doing,to good competition than beat the biG SANDYS OF WEST TENNESSEE.

825508949[/snapback]

Once again, please look at your team's schedule and you will find almost all the same teams. Also note this, Camden strength of schedule rank: 63. McKenzie strength of schedule rank: 90. Please take a moment and allow these FACTS to soak in, and realize that you have no room to be talking about Camden playing weak teams or a weak schedule.

Once again, please look at your team's schedule and you will find almost all the same teams. Also note this, Camden strength of schedule rank: 63. McKenzie strength of schedule rank: 90. Please take a moment and allow these FACTS to soak in, and realize that you have no room to be talking about Camden playing weak teams or a weak schedule.

825509232[/snapback]

im not the one saying we have college prospects playing each year.all players look good against weak teams.i know we are weak.i can say that.you all wouldnt know a true basketball athlete if they walked up to you and smacked you in the face.

im not the one saying we have college prospects playing each year.all players look good against weak teams.i know we are weak.i can say that.you all wouldnt know a true basketball athlete if they walked up to you and smacked you in the face.

825509717[/snapback]

When did I say we have college prospects playing every year? The only college prospects we have had in basketball in a while were Martin, who is currently playing ball at Bethel. Reed and Bain were also offered scholarships to play at the college level, but they turned the offers down. Based on the criteria of your posts, I can only imagine that your age is possibly not more than your shoe size, and please, please, please, think about what your are posting before you post it.

Ricco Ralston is as good as any player in the state. No one can guard him one on one. He played an exceptional game versus Northside in a very close contest. Northside hit a 14-0 run in the third that hurt Waverly bad. Waverly led most of the first half. They were within one point when Northside had run. Curtis Reid is a good ball player but not great. He is dangerous inside and plays good defense but when he don't get his points he takes a lot of bad shots. He likes the stats. Anyway, Waverly would be a lot better if Coach Rawlings would play his bench. He has 4 guys that would start for a lot of teams he plays but he doesn't give them much action. He should rest his starters from time to time. Waverly very well could beat Northside at Waverly Monday. thumb

825511388[/snapback]

Obviously, I feel that I am losing my mind reading what you write. I need to step back and step off of this dangerous path of destruction that you are on. Please write about basketball information and stick to reporting it in an appropriate manner. We know by now, that John Wooden is your grandfather and Dean Smith is your godfather. You and Bobby Knight correspond regularly and Rick Pitino calls you one of his greatest friends. Coach K (can't spell it) must never get tired of you explaining the ins and outs of basketball to him. You have given way to much to the game of basketball and all of the readers out there. We are forever in debt to your genius. I will never read another of your replys. They make me want to throw up. Maybe a ride on the Waaahhhmbulance would heal you of your ills. For the sake of the viewers out there, I think that I can speak for them when I say that I hope your son is a senior or he transfers to another school next year. Seek help, my friend. I wasn't joking about the counseling or meeting with a preacher.