sequoyah news / info

topkak

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure this job is open ? a friend of mine called the school and spoke to the AD's secretary and she said to her knowledge the job was not open. where did you get your info ??? if it is open who do you need to contact to apply ?

PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE COACHES FORUM. NOBODY EVER LOOKS ON THAT THREAD AND GUYS INTERESTED IN SEQUOYAH CANT FIND INFO.

You need to talk to Mr. Moser, he is the principal, and it was announced in the local paper in Monroe County. 

And why would Satterfield leave his cushy job at the 'back?  Yeah he loses a lot of people but he also gets those people from Blount to play for him, what dod you get from Seq. ? A WR who runs takes plays off?

825432209[/snapback]

Rumor is that the job will officially come open Monday morning. Will have to advertise within the system for 7 - 10 days. Then outside coaches have a chance after that. thumb

whats the pay like in monroe county and can you still win there ? what region will sequoyah wind up in after the re-classification tommorrow ? THAT will determine how many folks apply for the job i would think.

825433032[/snapback]

The head football coach in Monroe County supplement is around $2000.00 the last I heard. I do not know if they have been given a raise over the last three years but this is what it was in 2001. They are not paid by percentage like in a lot of other counties. Just one flat, miserable $2000.00.

As far as region next year, looks like a 9 team region with East Ridge, Grundy County, Howard, McMinn Central, Tellico Plains, Meigs County, Polk County, Notre Dame, and Sequoyah.

The head football coach in Monroe County supplement is around $2000.00 the last I heard.  I do not know if they have been given a raise over the last three years but this is what it was in 2001.  They are not paid by percentage like in a lot of other counties.  Just one flat, miserable $2000.00. 

As far as region next year, looks like a 9 team region with East Ridge, Grundy County, Howard, McMinn Central, Tellico Plains, Meigs County, Polk County, Notre Dame, and Sequoyah.

825433124[/snapback]

If this is true, there will not be many head coaches taking a pay cut to go there. My guess is they will have to hire someone who is an assistant coach at another school. You will have some "big names" express an interest but unless the boosters kick in extra money, you won't have too many apply. Our assistant coaches here make $3K a year and the head coach earns over $6K and we are a small rural school!

The head football coach in Monroe County supplement is around $2000.00 the last I heard.  I do not know if they have been given a raise over the last three years but this is what it was in 2001.  They are not paid by percentage like in a lot of other counties.  Just one flat, miserable $2000.00. 

825433124[/snapback]

Satterfield will not leave Greenback for that job unless they have some money to pay him. I mean who would? You've got to be kidding me? $2000???? I checked into the Union County job last year and their pay was $1800. Why would anyone take a job at a school with a suppliment that is that low unless he is hard up for that first time experience as a head coach. They would be better off paying the man minimum wage and just let him punch a clock.

If this is true, there will not be many head coaches taking a pay cut to go there. My guess is they will have to hire someone who is an assistant coach at another school. You will have some "big names" express an interest but unless the boosters kick in extra money, you won't have too many apply. Our assistant coaches here make $3K a year and the head coach earns over $6K and we are a small rural school!

825433146[/snapback]

There will be no booster club money for football at a baseball/basketball school.

Ask Scott Meadows at William Blount about his so-called "raise" from Sequoyah High School after taking the football program to the second round of the state play-offs. :lol:B)B)