Camden vs. Fairview

hschs

You can single out individual players and athletes all day long.  The fact is that the Camden Lions are a "TEAM" and they have played team football all year long.  I think that is where there edge is in this game.  They don't have one guy that they hang there hat on.  Josh only had an average game against Lewis Co. but the entire team contributed to the 32-0 victory.  Fairview might have faced greater individuals and athletes, but have they seen a team play together in the manner that Camden does?.....Personally, I don't think so.  Should be a great game!

825423232[/snapback]

Yes, Fairview has some powerful individuals. Yes, some of them get more credit than others. but Yes, there are other talented people on Fairview's side of things, and what's more, but them together and they play just that, together. A team. DBack said it well, very few players have gotten on this to talk about the game. Let's just show up Friday and watch our boys play their game.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh give me a break...so now youre going to bring up Hillwood as your stiff competition...correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a whole forum dedicated to you and your lack of respect for Hillwood's team...and now suddenly you throw them up into our face like you played against the Titans and nearly won....lets show a little consistency Gerry...either you back a team or you don't.

825423295[/snapback]

Plus they lost by 3 touchdowns to that stiff competition. To hear some tell about it, they came up a yard short like the Titans did in the Super Bowl.

Yes as a matter of fact I have seen Fairview on film  against Lewis co...and I stand by my assessment of Martin....Adamsville is not the team you should use as a measure of what your success will be against Camden...its like comparing apples and oranges....

825423280[/snapback]

I guess you dont know much about football then cause Martin isnt a powerback. I played with a power back in Cothran at Fairview. Martin has a different style. He is what I would call a complete back.

Yes, Fairview has some powerful individuals. Yes, some of them get more credit than others. but Yes, there are other talented people on Fairview's side of things, and what's more, but them together and they play just that, together. A team. DBack said it well, very few players have gotten on this to talk about the game. Let's just show up Friday and watch our boys play their game.

825423302[/snapback]

This is not responding to anything you said specifically, but I hope that players, for either side, are not getting on here and running their mouths. Maybe I'm naive, but I would hope that their focus would be a little stronger than to waste their time bickering with a bunch of people. Personally, I wouldn't want that out of my players.

I guess you dont know much about football then cause Martin isnt a powerback. I played with a power back in Cothran at Fairview. Martin has a different style. He is what I would call a complete back.

825423310[/snapback]

Well you better tell your "complete back" to quit running straight up or he's gonna end up with a #41 or a #37 permanently tattooed across the front of his jersey.

LionPride...I hear its supposed to be cold Friday nite...its probably a good thing because Camden fans will be getting even friendlier with only 200 seats! <_< .... I suggest all traffic avoid hwy 96 friday afternoon...the "Camden Caravan" will probably cause a huge traffic jam about 6:00 or so dontcha think??...see ya there!...GO LIONS!

825422910[/snapback]

I just love a parade! Go Lions! :lol: