Portland (8-3) @ Smith Co. (10-1)

JamieSkeen

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a diehard Portland fan the one thing that has been ###### me off over the last 3 years is the lack of discipline. This is one thing that needs to be addressed, Coach Perry and Staff have lost control of this team. This team is the most arrogant 8-4 team I have ever seen. You can call it being agressive or whatever, but when you continue to run your mouth after the play its plain stupid, especially when your getting beat. A good team leads with there play not with there mouths.

Congrats to Smith county on the great game.

As a diehard Portland fan the one thing that has been ###### me off over the last 3 years is the lack of discipline. This is one thing that needs to be addressed, Coach Perry and Staff have lost control of this team. This team is the most arrogant 8-4 team I have ever seen. You can call it being agressive or whatever, but when you continue to run your mouth after the play its plain stupid, especially when your getting beat. A good team leads with there play not with there mouths.

825430431[/snapback]

You are ridiculous.... Maybe you didn't make the trip to Carthage last night, but the game that I saw there last night didn't feature kids running their mouth after the play... More than likely it featured you running your big mouth in the stands. Don't blame the coaches... they can't hold the kids hands out there on every play. If this is your attitude, then don't claim to be a fan. Just stay home next year, shutup and change your screen name, and by the way, I see that your post was your first post ever, so just stay off of here too.

Im sorry I dont post on here all the time. If you dont see this stuff happening its because of the Purple Color glasses your wearing, I am always upset when the Panthers lose, im not mad at the coaches or players on the way the game was played, Its stuff I have started to notice over the past few seasons, im sorry if you dont like the comments I have made. its my opinion. Im proud of the boys and proud of Smith County, These two games over the last few weeks is what high school football is all about.

825430431[/snapback]

Thanks...and I agree. Portland is not disciplined. I don't know what has happened. I didn't feel that way until this year. One thing is for sure...when you have coaches waving their billfolds at the refs in that game two weeks ago...you've got serious problems. When your coach won't exchange film or talk to ours...you've got problems. You're right...Portland is the most arrogant and dirty team we've played in a while. The game last night wasn't very dirty (the refs controlled it)...but the one two weeks ago was ridiculous.

I don't think we will look to play the Panthers anymore. I am sure they don't want any more of us either.

Edited by Antwan

So did you guys survive without the national guard being called out last night?

Congrats to the Smith County Mafia.

Del.

825430461[/snapback]

Yeah Del...this one's for you. It was a very hard fought battle. Both teams were on the ropes in the 4th...but SC got the decision. The refs did a good job this time. Portland didn't throw over one or two cheap shots. The better team won AGAIN. :blink:

Anyone with any questions concerning our accusations that Ptown does a few things that are outside the lines of sportsmanship can just look at the pics from the game and tell what we are talking about. Coach P didn't meet in the pre game administrators meeting that was instituted for what?.............To promote good sportsmanship. He sent an asst. Classy.

Wait.............a flag................. oh , just another encroachment penalty. LOL

Good Job Owls.........Players, Coaches, Cheerleaders, Band, and FANS !!!!!!!!!

All joking aside....P-town's players laid it all on the line.  They left nothing but the best of themselves on the field for the second time in three weeks.  I hate it for that group of seniors....heck....I hate it for any group of seniors that have to walk off of the football field (97% of them) for the last time.  It's tough to swallow.

825430367[/snapback]

You're right, I always hate to see the last game because it is the last time to be under the lights with your fans cheering.