Portland (8-3) @ Smith Co. (10-1)

JamieSkeen

I'm going to say this one last thing and then try with all that I am to not read this crap anymore... but I can't let this go.  You people have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm not going to get on here and bash your coach like you have ours because I have more class than you, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't go both ways.  You have no idea.... absolutely no idea.  I can say that I personally know Coach Perry.  He is the most godly man I have ever known.  For example, did you know that he prays for his boys... not just about football... he is much more concerned about their eternity. He is a great coach because he is concerned about every area of his players life... I personally know. Yes... that includes thier winning... He is so intense because he knows how hard the players work and how bad they want a win... you can't blame him for that. Who are you to question his character? You can say whatever you want to about him... actually he will probably read this stuff and laugh and say "just forget about them" but I can't.  You have no idea who your posts hurt... if you had any class whatsoever you wouldn't make personal attacks... if I made personal attacks like you guys did, I would fill up a whole page with my post...  I could say so much but I won't. I just want to say Coach Perry.. if you do read this... I respect you more than I respect anybody in this world... you have made a difference in my life and the only reason people bash you is because they know that you are a great coach and a great man. Thank you for what you have taught me about life...this goes for the entire coaching staff!

If you claim to be a portland fan on this board... let your posts reflect that.... if not... do us all a favor and stop posting on this board.

825430678[/snapback]

Well, I must say, you definitely said some nice things about Coach Perry! I hope he has made a difference in your and your teammates life....THAT IS HIS JOB!!! Now, don't get on here and preach to everyone about his godly ways, because he is not the only christian football coach in this country! Personal attacks??? There was no personal attacks! I am sorry that you can't face the hard facts, that they waved their wallets in the air, they don't shake hands after the game, they are so bad sportsman that they don't want to trade films, that your own coaches gets in a fight after the game, and that your fans attacked a smith county woman after the game for ringing a cow bell! What part of that is an attack? Do you agree that all that happened? If not, then I have nothing else to say, because your obviously somewhat in denial. If so, good, then quit whinning and crying about how cruel and ruthless people are on here, including Portland supporters. Listen, I personally know that a lot of people in Portland are ready for the change. They see what Portlandfan4Life said in a previous post. You want to talk about a coach with class, well he was standing on your sideline last night! JASON KLINE. That should be an option for Portland fans to get excited about, if of course he would be interested!

One more thing, "anyone who is a good loser is a loser!" There is a difference in being a good loser and knowing how to handle losing in good manner!

Edited by I Love HS Football

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must say, you definitely said some nice things about Coach Perry!  I hope he has made a difference in your and your teammates life....THAT IS HIS JOB!!!  Now, don't get on here and preach to everyone about his godly ways, because he is not the only christian football coach in this country!  Personal attacks???  There was no personal attacks!  I am sorry that you can't face the hard facts, that they waved their wallets in the air, they don't shake hands after the game, they are so bad sportsman that they don't want to trade films, that your own coaches gets in a fight after the game, and that your fans attacked a smith county woman after the game for ringing a cow bell!  What part of that is an attack?  Do you agree that all that happened?  If not, then I have nothing else to say, because your obviously somewhat in denial.  If so, good, then quit whinning and crying about how cruel and ruthless people are on here, including Portland supporters.  Listen, I personally know that a lot of people in Portland are ready for the change.  They see what Portlandfan4Life said in a previous post.  You want to talk about a coach with class, well he was standing on your sideline last night!  JASON KLINE.  That should be an option for Portland fans to get excited about, if of course he would be interested!

One more thing, "anyone who is a good loser is a loser!"  There is a difference in being a good loser and knowing how to handle losing in good manner!

825430941[/snapback]

Nicely said thumb

I guess I am a bad fan because I dont agree with everything that happens with the Portland program. I guess its real God like to talk about people like dogs when they quit the football team. I have heard so many stories on how Coach Roger Perry has treated a lot of former players and players that quit before the season. The way he reacts when he is facing adversity is absolutely a joke. Coach Perry puts on the best front of any Coach in Tennessee. Im suprised the media hasnt picked up on it any.I also find it odd a few years ago that 5 or 6 african americans quit the team at the same time. I just think its time for a change in Pantherland. Not because of the loss to Smith County but just how team has been coached. Its really easy to be a good coach when you have a lot of talent, but when its down you dont look so good.

825430745[/snapback]

I'm not going to argue with you about this... because you obviously don't know Coach Perry very well at all. I'm finished with you... in the future don't say things that you don't know the facts about. You really don't have a clue, but I don't need to prove my point to you or anyone else... I know what I feel and what I believe. I'm glad you have HEARD lots of stories... that makes your post really valid... I could tell you all kinds of things that I have "heard" about Smith County's coaches... but I have already said that I won't stoop to that level.

I'm not going to argue with you about this... because you obviously don't know Coach Perry very well at all. I'm  finished with you... in the future don't say things that you don't know the facts about. You really don't have a clue, but I don't need to prove my point to you or anyone else... I know what I feel and what I believe.  I'm glad you have HEARD lots of stories... that makes your post really valid... I could tell you all kinds of things that I have "heard" about Smith County's coaches... but I have already said that I won't stoop to that level.

825431041[/snapback]

Please #1fballfan tell us, we are all dying to know.

By the way... Coach Kline played for Coach Perry... why do think he is coaching with him now... you're right he is a great man and I guarentee if you asked him what he thought he would tell you the same thing because he actually knows him. Anyway.. you Smith County folks need to move on to the LA vs. Smith thread... good luck to both teams!

Edited by #1fballfan

I Love HS Football... I don't call it whining... I call it standing up for someone that I have the utmost respect for and I'm pretty sure I will continue to do so no matter what you say. I know plenty of people that respect Coach Perry for the way he cares about his players... your always going to get the fair-weather fans who are with ya when your winning and not when you lose... those people aren't really fans though.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I watched our coaches shake your coaches hands after both games... saw it with my own eyes... believe me I was watching.

Well good luck to ya and God bless you then.

AND ALWAYS HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF THE HOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

825431050[/snapback]

Thanks imallin... good luck to you guys... and may God bless you... I'm just trying to let everyone see that there is another side to every story... just as I hear things about SC people... you all hear it about Portland people... the difference is we don't get on here and talk about it... oh well... you understand... thanks for your post... I might just be back in the hole next week... should be a good game.

You are ridiculous.... Maybe you didn't make the trip to Carthage last night, but the game that I saw there last night didn't feature kids running their mouth after the play... More than likely it featured you running your big mouth in the stands. Don't blame the coaches... they can't hold the kids hands out there on every play. If this is your attitude, then don't claim to be a fan.  Just stay home next year, shutup and change your screen name, and by the way, I see that your post was your first post ever, so just stay off of here too.

825430432[/snapback]

Well I have went to both of the Smith County vs Portland games this year and I have came away with a very sorry impression of Portland. I stand on the visiting teams sidelines every game ( You Smith County fans can look for me).

The first time you guys played I heard so many people complaining about calls in the stands and saying that you were being cheated. I heard people swearing and fussing about everything. The fact of the matter was it was a close game and Smith County done just enough to win.

Then last night was so silly. At halftime when Smith County's band came out to perform you had a group of guys from Portland yelling at them. Im not talking about teenagers either. These were grown men. One guy yelled out at them calling them "Smith County's Losers" and etc. Well my girlfriend is in band and it took everything I had to not want to go over and trash this guy. Instead I walked over and asked him the score.

It went crazy when Smith County went up 12-7. You had a guy reach over the fence and push over the kicker's net. People throwing cans and bottles onto the field. I have gone to dozens of games and I have to honestly say that Portland's fans have the worst sportsmanship that I have ever seen. My best friend goes to almost every game with me and called Portland's fans the biggest group of sore losers he had ever seen.

I know this probably sounds really mean to you Portland fans but Im just telling you my opinion. Im sure that the Portland has plenty of good fans but I just haven't seen many the last couple games. I talked to a guy from Portland in the 2nd half that was a really good guy.

You're right... we've got trash in Portland... I'll be the first to admit that. You guys do as well... in fact I thought it was pretty classless to sing Na Na Na ... hey hey goodbye... I would have respected the win a lot more without that... that is my opinion... I also met some nice SC fans... anywhere you go you're gonna find both... it's pretty sorry that people have to treat one another like that... I'll apologize for whatever idiot from Portland said and did those things... that is uncalled for.