Oak Ridge = Underachievers

rayraylewis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you fans flaming RayRay you might as well flame me also and a lot of other long time Wildcat fans that I have heard complain. Or if you had taken the time to look in the stands or on the banks last night right before kick-off you would have seen the lack of fans for a play-off game, but it has been very noticeable durng the regular season that attendance has been off. Wonder why? We certainly have good players, probably one of the best running backs in the state if not the best, but he was not even mentioned that I know of for Mr.Football. Wonder why? We have trouble with extra points this far into the season. Wonder why? When we miss extra points and know we have to go for two,we have to call a time-out to get a two point play in the game and it very seldom works, maybe one did. Wonder why? We have a kid playing tight end that has made miraculous catches this year beginning with the first game of the year at Clinton, yet he does not touch the ball again until I think the Farragut game. Wonder why? We get delay of game penalties this late in the season because we can't get a offensive play in on time. Wonder why? We do run the ball very well against almost everyone, but if we had more to our passing game than the waggle and the boot it would make our running backs so much better because the defense would have to defend the whole field especially if you get #2, # 43, #10, or our other weapons on the field at the time. I have noticed that very late in games our starters are still in when the outcome is not in doubt. Are we trying to pad someones stats?Wonder why? Wonder whos? I just want the best for our players and our community, and I don't see that we are giving them the best opportunity to be champions. We do beat the teams in our region, and I have heard people say we are not talented enough to beat the Riverdales and the Kingsports anymore, folks we are Oak Ridge, the most tradition rich program in this state, we need to believe that we can beat anyone we play any night, we are talented enough right now to beat any one left that we might play in the playoffs, but the coaches have to put the players in a position to do it, and coach the players to believe in the themselves and the Oak Ridge Football Tradition. We have won many games around here when we were out manned,because our coaches believed in our players and our players believed and they fought and scrapped to not let each other down, no matter the odds. That is Oak Ridge Football then and it can be Oak Ridge Football now. Go Cats

All you fans flaming RayRay you might as well flame me also and a lot of other long time Wildcat fans that I have heard complain. Or if you had taken the time to look in the stands or on the banks last night right before kick-off you would have seen the lack of fans for a play-off game, but it has been very noticeable durng the regular season that attendance has been off. Wonder why? We certainly have good players, probably one of  the best running backs in the state if not the best, but he was not even mentioned that I know of for Mr.Football. Wonder why? We have trouble with extra points this far into the season. Wonder why? When we miss extra points and know we have to go for two,we have to call a time-out to get a two point play in the game and it very seldom works, maybe one did. Wonder why? We have a kid playing tight end that has made miraculous catches this year beginning  with the first game of the year at Clinton, yet he does not touch the ball again until I think the Farragut game. Wonder why? We get delay of game penalties this late in the season because we can't get a offensive play in on time. Wonder why? We do run the ball very well against almost everyone, but if we had more to our passing game than the waggle and the boot it would make our running backs so much better because the defense would have to defend the whole field especially if you get #2, # 43, #10, or our other weapons on the field at the time. I have noticed that very late in games our starters are still in when the outcome is not in doubt. Are we trying to pad someones stats?Wonder why? Wonder whos? I just want the best for our players and our community, and I don't see that we are giving them the best opportunity to be champions. We do beat the teams in our region, and I have heard people say we are not talented enough to beat the Riverdales and the Kingsports anymore, folks we are Oak Ridge, the most tradition rich program in this state, we need to believe that we can beat anyone we play any night, we are talented enough right now to beat any one left that we might play in the playoffs, but the coaches have to put the players in a position to do it, and coach the players to believe in the themselves and the Oak Ridge Football Tradition. We have won many games around here when we were out manned,because our coaches believed in our players and our players believed and they fought and scrapped to not let each other down, no matter the odds. That is Oak Ridge Football then and it can be Oak Ridge Football now. Go Cats

825421107[/snapback]

Wow, thats strong. But when football is the only thing you have! :unsure:

rayraylewis.

Oak Ridge's starting TE is number #44 James Mitchell, he is in when they are in their base offensive package. #43 Rick Daniels-Mullholland is in when they go Double TE. He is a Senior but this is his first year ever playing football, the last three years he has been a stand out on the Oak Ridge basketball team. But...yes he is a very good football player, and i think that if he played more than just this year he could be at a big D-1A school but i am not sure if he wants to play football or basketball in college

We have won many games around here when we were out manned,because our coaches believed in our players and our players believed and they fought and scrapped to not let each other down, no matter the odds. That is Oak Ridge Football then and it can be Oak Ridge Football now. Go Cats

825421107[/snapback]

Hmm catscratch. It looks like you are just another one of those people that criticize a coaching staff, point out how 'everything theyre doing is wrong,' and invoke the storied days of a programs tradition. But another thing all of you and your peers do, or don't do i should say, is not provide any alternative to what you see is the problem. Anyone can stand up and whine about how coaches are stupid, but I don't here you making any suggestions, and since you are such a high profile coach yourself then one would think that you could muster up some ideas. Oh, wait, you aren't a coach, and you never have been, and all you know about football is from watching and/or playing it, which believe me, is a much different skill from coaching it.

You're right about one thing though. Oak Ridge does do well when the players are behind the coaches and vice versa. But you say that they aren't. Well, the players do believe in the coaches and their schemes, and the coaches do believe that the players can get the job done. If any of the players are grumbling, it's because of all the negative trash that hear coming in from the outside. I've been there. I know: it's hard to go out and play when you know that the community is against your coach and you're coming home hearing parents and fans say stuff like "You guys are really good, but gosh those coaches just aren't helping you" or "Y'all's coaches are just horrible." You can say that all you want, but it doesn't help anything. And the little "the players are good but..." clause doesn't make it better. The coach is an embodiment of the team, and, whether players admit it or even realize it or not, when the coach is under fire the whole team feels it. He's touchy in practice, he makes his staff nervous, kids get angry, they get flustered and screw up more, which in turn only increases the coaches anger.When the players see the coach taking so much heat, the only thing it can do is make them feel like they are sub-par as well, or, even worse, it causes them to lose faith in the program, which does nothing but bring the team down one by one.

So you see, all complaining like that does is worsen the situation. Keep it to yourselves if you really believe it. Oak Ridge's fans have always been overly critical. Anyone remember when the big red Nation got rid of head coach Frank Solich because he didn't perform like they thought the Huskers should? Now look at them. Oak Ridge fans are too full of themselves - every school has bad years. But we aren't even having a bad year and there are still haters. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Whew, wow, that was quite a bit. Sorry for dominating the thread there, but I just get sick of hearing all those old people in the reserved seats complain. Just because you've lived in Oak Ridge for 40 years doesn't give you the right to thrash the team. I'm behind the Cats 100% of the way. Good luck to all my boys!

Hmm catscratch.  It looks like you are just another one of those people that criticize a coaching staff, point out how 'everything theyre doing is wrong,' and invoke the storied days of a programs tradition.  But another thing all of you and your peers do, or don't do i should say, is not provide any alternative to what you see is the problem.  Anyone can stand up and whine about how coaches are stupid, but I don't here you making any suggestions, and since you are such a high profile coach yourself then one would think that you could muster up some ideas.  Oh, wait, you aren't a coach, and you never have been, and all you know about football is from watching and/or playing it, which believe me, is a much different skill from coaching it.

You're right about one thing though.  Oak Ridge does do well when the players are behind the coaches and vice versa.  But you say that they aren't.  Well, the players do believe in the coaches and their schemes, and the coaches do believe that the players can get the job done.  If any of the players are grumbling, it's because of all the negative trash that hear coming in from the outside.  I've been there.  I know: it's hard to go out and play when you know that the community is against your coach and you're coming home hearing parents and fans say stuff like "You guys are really good, but gosh those coaches just aren't helping you" or "Y'all's coaches are just horrible."  You can say that all you want, but it doesn't help anything.  And the little "the players are good but..." clause doesn't make it better.  The coach is an embodiment of the team, and, whether players admit it or even realize it or not, when the coach is under fire the whole team feels it.  He's touchy in practice, he makes his staff nervous, kids get angry, they get flustered and screw up more, which in turn only increases the coaches anger.When the players see the coach taking so much heat, the only thing it can do is make them feel like they are sub-par as well, or, even worse, it causes them to lose faith in the program, which does nothing but bring the team down one by one.

So you see, all complaining like that does is worsen the situation.  Keep it to yourselves if you really believe it.  Oak Ridge's fans have always been overly critical.  Anyone remember when the big red Nation got rid of head coach Frank Solich because he didn't perform like they thought the Huskers should?  Now look at them.  Oak Ridge fans are too full of themselves - every school has bad years.  But we aren't even having a bad year and there are still haters.  It is absolutely ridiculous.

Whew, wow, that was quite a bit.  Sorry for dominating the thread there, but I just get sick of hearing all those old people in the reserved seats complain.  Just because you've lived in Oak Ridge for 40 years doesn't give you the right to thrash the team.  I'm behind the Cats 100% of the way.  Good luck to all my boys!

825421671[/snapback]

OR 30, no I am not one that criticizes the coaches and points out their faults or weaknesses, and I have never sat in the reserved seats. But I do know what it takes to win football games and from a talent stand point we have more than adequate talent to win a championship. Our coaches do a good job most of the time of winning the region and if that makes you happy then I see why you are satisfied, but the fact is we still can't get a play in on time,we have no clue what to do when it is two point conversion time, and we a have play makers that do not get the ball enough. Our players do believe in our coaches and I am glad they do, but you can't tell me that we are putting our team in a position to beat Riverdale or DB when we are up on weaker opponents and we are still running the sweep, we know we can run the sweep and we run it well but can we pick up a 3rd and 10 on the sweep, last Friday night we sure could not because we tried and failed. I am not trying to put pressure on our head coach, if I am not mistaken he pretty much runs the defense and it has been pretty good this year and for a lot of years. One other thing I have probably forgotten more football than you will ever know, and you will never know if I am a coach or a player now or ever have been. I have never ever criticized a coach to a player whether I thought the coach was right or wrong good or bad, I guess I have vented on here, but then I am one of many idiots who evidently have way to much time on their hands, but I do love Oak Ridge Football win lose or draw, and I just want our kids and our community to have the best in all opportunities. Good Luck Cats beat the Farragutless Admirals

Cat Scratch Quote:

I am one of many idiots who evidently have way to much time on their hands, but I do love Oak Ridge Football win lose or draw, and I just want our kids and our community to have the best in all opportunities. :D

Then give your young men a sport besides basketball in the winter. Farragut's wrestling team needs some competition in this area. You’re about the only large school in the State that doesn’t have it. Allot of the top players in Division 1, Wrestled in High School. thumb You have a ton of great athletes over there and I know they don't all play basketball.

Cat Scratch Quote:

I am one of many idiots who evidently have way to much time on their hands, but I do love Oak Ridge Football win lose or draw, and I just want our kids and our community to have the best in all opportunities. :D

Then give your young men a sport besides basketball in the winter.  Farragut's wrestling team needs some competition in this area.  You’re about the only large school in the State that doesn’t have it.  Allot of the top players in Division 1, Wrestled in High School. thumb You have a ton of great athletes over there and I know they don't all play basketball.

825421716[/snapback]

Great idea Rigger we did hire a coach for wrestling at one time and if I am not mistaken he coaching football now. I do hope we do at some point add wrestling to our program. We do love RAW on Monday nights though-just kidding.

Who thought this, the week before Round Two of the Playoffs, was the appropriate time to start this thread? This makes us look foolish.

Keep working hard Team Wildcat and best of luck this Friday night! I'm proud of the 2004 Red and Gray.

825421720[/snapback]

I agree with you Willie, let's be one this week and throughout the playoffs. I am also very proud of our players.

Great idea Rigger we did hire a coach for wrestling at one time and if I am not mistaken he coaching football now. I do hope we do at some point add wrestling to our program. We do love RAW on Monday nights though-just kidding.

825421719[/snapback]

If enough of your booster club pushed the ideal, then it would be great to have someone besides Farragut and Maryville to compete for the Regional Championships. Not that your linemen or other players need to be anymore aggressive. :D Rumor is that we will have more than one football player come out for a change. One of the top hitters on our team "Nick Reviez" will be coming out for his second year and is favored to win Region.

Looking forward to visiting the Ship Friday!

Ray Ray and Catscratch, are you Oak Ridge Fans? Have you been to every game this year? Do either of you have kids or are associated with any kids on this team?

I have heard this kind of bull crap from fair weather fans (like yourselves) for the last 25 years in Oak Ridge. I am sick and tired of all the armchair quarterbacks. If you don't like it, go coach somewhere and lay it on the line. I know that is not an option for you, so I have another idea leave Oak RIdge. And please don't support these Cats because we DO NOT WANT fans like you.

Ray Ray, as for playing one good team you must be kidding. You must not have kept up very well this year. We have played 4 teams that were in the TOP 6 (when we played them) in the state this year. Are you calling Ooltewah, Soddy and Farragut poor teams? Please get a clue and think before you type.

Catscratch, "believe we can beat anyone" that is probably the most idiotic quote I have ever heard. It just proves that you are not associated with the team this year. Because if you were you would know that this team is a more close knit bunch than any other team I have seen in many many years. And as far as believing we can beat anyone, we are Oak Ridge and all the kids that strap on the helmets believe we can win every game. If they didn't they would not be a part of Oak Ridge football.

I pray you both do not go to the game Friday, because we do not need nor do we want your support. We will be just fine without you. We are Oak Ridge and this fan (as well as many others) believes in this team.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I have another idea leave Oak RIdge. And please don't support these Cats because we DO NOT WANT fans like you...

I pray you both do not go to the game Friday, because we do not need nor do we want your support.  We will be just fine without you...

825421755[/snapback]

man...I think you go justa lil too far there. Never say you don't need someone's support. You want all the support you can get. And even though catscratch and I disagree on some things, I know he is behind you cats just like we all our. go get em!