Greeneville Basketball

greene devils fan

I dont know who is in Greenville's region, but this Greenville team is not near as good as the team they had when Malone was a Sr. a few years ago, but they are talented nonetheless. They shot better in warmups then they did in the game, so I bet they could play better than they did vs. Clinton. Also to touch on chsbballfan's question, officiating was not really the problem, Greenville was really the first good team they have pleyed, and in my opinion Whitt did not play very well. He way have had a lot of points, but he missed a lot of shots. And will Someone post the Bearden-Greenville score when they get a chance after the game?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Clinton ALSO did not shoot very well (and yes Greeneville's defense had alot to do with that); just as Clinton's pressure caused Greeneville to rush some things on offense. To say that a game would have been a blowout is way out of line because both defenses played well; one could make the same comment in reverse and say that if Clinton had shot well they would have been a few points ahead. Dandrus did not have his best offensive night, but still had 20 points. AS A TEAM, Clinton was 3-25 from the three point line. Congratulations to Greeneville.

Comments on the Greeneville-Bearden game. This was one of the most tremendous displays of basketball fundamentals you are likely to see all season. Both teams offensively were sound and their defense was outstanding. Bearden was denied the inside and were burning it up from 3-point range. Greeneville was deadly inside when they could overcome Bearden's speed. This game came down to the wire and both teams should be proud of the game they played. If Bearden can keep up this intensity, they should give Bradley Central a game.

The starting five for Greeneville will be Eric Anderson at point Tyler Bailey and Andrew Shumate at Wing and Tracy Champion and Jonathan Murner at post. If they stay healthly this there Greeneville will earn a trip to state!!!

825457860[/snapback]

Tracy Champion was truly missed at the tournament. I think had he been there Greeneville would have been in the finals....possibly champions. I was sorry to hear about the loss of his grandfather over the holidays.

I was incredibly impressed with sophomre Jonathan Murner. I understand he is a transfer...any background info?

Jonanthan Murner is form Panama City Florida. He is the 5th cousin of Danny Ainge. And when he was 8 he played a little 1 on 1 with Larry Bird and shut'em out. I think Danny helped a little bit. But his a great kid and me and him have become great friends. He'll be a force to to reckoned with the next couple of years.

Friday night against Morristown West the Devils got into early foul trouble with their big three players. However, Brennan Allen, Deshaud Moore, & Tyler Bailey played extremly well. The devils came out on top and this may help them down the road with Tracy, Shumate, & Murner being in foul trouble.

825470572[/snapback]

This was a really fun game to watch. West played an extremely physical game. Allen, Moore, and Bailey were big men when it counted.

What is the word on Jeff County. Will this be as much fun to watch as the West game,a bloodbath like the Johnson County game, or somewhere in-between.

• 2 months later...
The starting five for Greeneville will be Eric Anderson at point Tyler Bailey and Andrew Shumate at Wing and Tracy Champion and Jonathan Murner at post. If they stay healthly this there Greeneville will earn a trip to state!!!

825457860[/snapback]

I agree completely with their Senior leader Andrew Shumate healthy they are my pick to go to state and give some people a show. Andrew Shumate gets my vote for All-State, and if he would have been completely healthy all year who knows what the team would have done. He is a great leader and the best player around here hands down. GO DEVILS!!