T Real Travis Strong

pie

He's killer, he made a great contribution to last years team when James Anthony went down in the SoCon tourny......... he hit some clutch threes and played awesome, should get a lot of PT this year........ I can't wait till they kick things off this saturday in the re-vamped memorial center vs. UVA-Wise and Joey Blackwell, brother of db basketball player ryan blackwell..........

strong is going to be the 6th man for the team this year and if he builds off of last years late-season success, he will be a key component to the bucs run at another socon championship and NCAA tournament appearance. strong struggled a bit with the 3-ball at the scrimmage on saturday but did a good job running the point as well as playing in the 2 and 3 positions. i look forward to tracking his progress over the next 3 years and it will be interesting to see if he and former high school teammate courtney pigram can form a wadood-fields-ish tandem next year when pigram is dressing out.

GO BUCS

FYI-Strong went 4-8 at the boards, 2-5 outside, 5 assists with 4 rebounds.

Tim Smith and Brad Nuckles both went down with injuries so Strong played 30 min.

3rd straight NCAA appearance in 2005!!!!! thumb

Hope Timmy and Brad get better before Fresno

Edited by daizee

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!