Best wrestler who never placed

dragon12

u

I think Sanders was the best on his feet that year and had a record of 44-0 at that point.  He did not look like himself with this greater challenge Luke offered and was thrown out when he was trying to kick a foot loose from Luke's strong grip.  It looked more like he was frustrated at this point and was trying to flee the mat to me, but Mara does not tolerate any actions remotely close to misconduct on the mat.  Sanders clearly showed this kind of roughness throughout the year and this match was no exception. 

He could have placed second or third that year.

825436632[/snapback]

The fleeing the mat call did happen earlier in the matc. Waht dq'd him were elbows in the middle of the mat from a sit out position. Luke does have a way with frustrating other wrestlers. Mara was not the referee in that match, P.A. Bowler was.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fleeing the mat call did happen earlier in the matc.  Waht dq'd him were elbows in the middle of the mat from a sit out position.  Luke does have a way with frustrating other wrestlers.  Mara was not the referee in that match,  P.A. Bowler was.

825437023[/snapback]

Wow, Coach D! Do you remember all that or did you go back & look at the video tape? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, Coach D!  Do you remember all that or did you go back & look at the video tape? :rolleyes:

825437063[/snapback]

Back in the day I too was a referee for 5 straight years at the state tournament. My streak ended only when I started coaching. So yes, I do remember all of that from the match. Now I was reminded a couple of times from looking at the tape. I have not seen the tape in a year and a half or so. Important matches stick in my head. Most good referees will tell you the same thing about themselves. For obvious resasons this was an important match for me and Houston wrestling.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Is it just me, or does C. Delgado seem very full of himself?  What's his deal?

825469522[/snapback]

Naw, not really. Just keep things in mind when needed. Just doing my part in the west. Ask some referees you respect. They will tell you the same thing. Important matches do stick in their minds. I have a deep respect for wrestling referees. I know the crap they have to put up with, the long drives for minimal pay and the lack of appreciation some people display them. Most referees in Tennessee are willing to sit and chat if approached in a peacable manner.

• 2 weeks later...
Others from West TN include:

Lucas Troutman from CBHS

Heath Burns from CBHS

Ricky Lundgren from Houston

Drew Fryman from Houston (defeated 2 of last years state placers at 135 during the season)

Nick Rogers from Collierville

Sam Pieh from Germantown

Wes Johnson from Houston

John Needham from White Station

Ben Sharp from Germantown

Johnny Toler from Kirby

Gene Bell from Kirby

825434278[/snapback]

thanks Jose.....i knocked off 5 state placers last year....not that it matters anymore though

Nick was a great wrestler in high school and it was a shame he didn't go to state his senior year. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers on another thread Nick. You've said smack to me for four years during high school, I say were even. :lol: I just state my opinion, like everybody else on CoachT.

Edited by dragon12