Best wrestler who never placed

dragon12

rcpatriot- The Eric Davis at Gibbs is a Halls wrestler- not from Brentwood

Louise- Thanks for the compliment, my knees and my age don't wllow me to officiate more than an occassional in-school match. Clint

P. S. I also enjoyed the gatherings at Pizza Hut with David in charge. I heard that he was a fireman in Nashville, I hope they don't have any fires.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louise, There is another thread on the board that addresses your post: The best wrestler who never won the State. Eric absolutely had all that it takes to be called State Champion. As you pointed out, a serious injury at that level becomes an additional tough opponent on the mat.

bhsOL, Shawn ONeal lost in the State finals to Kevin Johnson of Chattanooga Central in '91. As someone else pointed out, Kevin was named OW at one State. To the best of my recall, the OW followed that match. The two swapped wins back and forth during their careers. I was told that they ended up tied in wins in matches betweem the two of them.

P. S. I also enjoyed the gatherings at Pizza Hut with David in charge.  I heard that he was a fireman in Nashville,  I hope they don't have any fires.

David Scott is a Metro/Nashville Firefighter and also graduated from Vandy a couple of years ago with his Masters in Nursing, continued his studies and is now a Nurse Practitioner in addition to his firefighting duties.

I know he got big press a while back for saving a dog. He also had to jump from a burning building a few years ago... broke his foot ... his charred helmet hangs on his wall. Never heard why he took the leap, but ... it wasn't the dog story. When he's not jumping from windows, he works on a psych unit and you know he cheers up more folks than another ex-wrestler, Robin Williams in the movie 'Awakenings'. He remains his same funny self.

delaWarr - I know I originated my post on the wrong thread, clicked the wrong button...but hey... thumb

Edited by Louise

Louise and Clint,

I have known or should say David Scott Has Known me since I was 2 yrs old. One of the fondest memories of Davis is when I was in 8th grade and was helping Fred Rigsby work the McGavock Tourney, David and Joe Wiggins were teaching me the art of the head throw. Need I say more than I was never right again.

Another situation that David was comic relief was when my father passed. He and my brother were great freinds and he was there for the whole family the entire time just as most of the middle TN wrestling community.

bhsOL, Shawn ONeal lost in the State finals to Kevin Johnson of Chattanooga Central in '91.  As someone else pointed out, Kevin was named OW at one State.  To the best of my recall, the OW followed that match.  The two swapped wins back and forth during their careers.  I was told that they ended up tied in wins in matches betweem the two of them.

825500554[/snapback]

Shawn always talked about how him and one other guy alway went back and forth. Thanks for letting me know who the other guy is.

Proud Daddy - David Scott remains a genuine hybrid cross between Jim Carey and Robin Williams...totally unconventional...totally unpredictable...a humongous heart...and a total nut.

Clint - I know what he put in Mike Craft's bag ... not very nice... who else would even dream of doing that? (those were the days) seems everyone has gotten too serious any more. Once I unknowingly passed him on the road going to Chattanooga...he immediately had the driver of the van pass me... then and there... he mooned me in broad daylight, in the middle of I-24. As I sit here typing, I am still laughing ...what a guy.

Edited by Louise