Bearden Bulldogs Get new Coach!

rigger101

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the deal?  Tell us about him.  I hear he is from Iowa?

With Aaron O'Hare being ranked #1 at 152lb that should make his first year enjoyable.

How long will it take Bearden to become competitive with Farragut in Wrestling?

825428385[/snapback]

What happened to the guy with the rainbow of muscle shirts, black work out pants and the fanny pack hanging around his waist?

What happened to the guy with the rainbow of muscle shirts, black work out pants and the fanny pack hanging around his waist?

825428392[/snapback]

I think he got a job in NC.

His son would have been a freshman and had the same rainbow of muscles. He would have been fun to watch.

Edited by JumpMaster

I think he got a job in NC.

His son would have been a freshman and had the same rainbow of muscles.  He would have been fun to watch.

825428393[/snapback]

Not rainbow of muscles, rainbow of muscle shirts. He always wore black workout pants, a fanny pack hanging in the front and a blue, red or other assorted color muscle shirt. It was about as tacky a coach's uniform I have ever seen. The only one worse than that is the Union County coach walking around in overalls with a plaid shirt.

DoctorEvil, come on now, everyone is going to miss studboy and his fanny pack, but I believe the Coaches from Union County don't wear overalls just some of the fans from Union County.

825428430[/snapback]

Be nice Slim.

He was fun to watch and was really supportive of his kids. Except KIL where I thought he was going to blow a vain, when his Fab 4 ended up being O'Hearn only.

I want to know about their new coach

I've hearing good things which should help O'Hearn go for a State Championship and give the Admirals some new comp at KIL and Region.

Edited by rigger101

Easy fellas, everybody has their style.  Coach Brown from Bearden was a nice guy.  I am pretty sure that Union coach was a young guy, didn't ever see him wearing overalls.  As for the fans, probably true.

825428544[/snapback]

I give a thumb for the young Union Co and Farragut coaches. They are giving something back to their communities. Instead of partying their butts off on the weekends like a lot of young men their age they are coaching young men and giving back to a sport they love.

Just remember in your prayers the young men and women the same age over in Iraq today taking charge and standing proud. "All gave some, Some gave all"

talked to the new coach at the rules meeting. Very nice gentleman. Should be a good fit for the Bearden program. As far as Coach Brown, he was a volunteer coach who gave his time and energy for $0.00. He was very intense and expected a lot from all his wrestlers. I didn't always agree with his methods, but most people don't agree with mine either! As far as the way he dressed, he was/is a bodybuilder, and bodybuilders like to show off their muscles. So what?! Do we now have a "dress code" that we coaches have to adhere to?

As far as the Union Co. coach, yes that is Benny Gray who wears overalls and a "aussie" hat. He too is a volunteer coach. Benny helped start the program at Union Co. and has put endless hours and personal $ into it. He had a wrestler a few years back that made it to state, but didn't have the money to get a motel room or for food. Benny made sure, on his own, that this kid had a motel room and food to eat during the tournament. Additionally, Benny is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Also, he is an AAU referee. A couple of years ago he ref'd one of our AAU State tournaments and wouldn't accept any money for it. He said to put it towards our program. I believe he is a preacher also.

Before we get carried away trying to make fun of how these individuals dress, let's first try to take into account what kind of person they are, and what they have tried to GIVE to their respective programs. Remember, without volunteer coaches, several schools wouldn't have a wrestling program. Most of us don't do it for $, as most paid coaches don't, we do it because we have a passion for teaching kids and we love the sport.