Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

I wish both teams the best of luck. Our school is going to have our hands full too playing Bestytown!!! But i say Maryville by at least 23 if not better!!!

RebelRaider dont worry about what people say you know your team is good I know your team is good and you all would have not made it thus far if your team was bad so good luck playing central and hopefully we will see you all next week!!!!!!

thumb :D

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother was in the 101st Airborne out of Ft Campbell in the first gulf war. He lost two really good friends. One of which died at roughly arms length from him. Talk about a toll on a person. I have and always will support our troops. My avatar is a small tribute to Dan French's life being lost and to all soldiers everywhere, hunkered down in a hole, wishing they could see their families....yeah....it puts it in perspective.

Big Brother is retired now...nite jump and a bad chute cost him his career. Those are the breaks, as he'd say.

Back to the game...I got misty for a sec....what we got here is two pit bulls at the peak of their trash talkedness. I have to disagree medan, I like it. It did help to calm them down for a second though. We don't need a bunch of fools startin crap at the game (not saying either of you are fools or you'd start crap). I think what we have is youthful exuberance...have I said that before (1000 times)? I know raider is a good guy and Im sure boobcat is too.

It's getting closer guys....I can smell the pigskin...or is that piggy the poster I'm smellin? :D Boobcat, after we wax yer hairy kitten butts, you can buy me a champions dinner at hooters and we can compare military stories. Raider, you're welcome to join us...

Edited by dmoyers1

Why would they have you at #1 right now don't we have a playoff that will decide that. Central Bobcat

825439731[/snapback]

What an enlightened question! Well kitty, they do have a playoff system. And in order for that to take shape there must be a number 1 seed. And in order for there to be a number one seed they play a regular season and rate team's performances across that season. After having seen the Rebels dominate all year, they decided to rank us as first...make sense?

That really begs the question, have you seen Maryville play? Because if you saw the first game between these two then you cannot realistically think that it won't be close in favor of CHS as you told Raider. And I'd again like to take this opportunity to ask you how you can possibly take any consolation in MHS losing to MoTown West last year when your team keeps on losing over and over again to the Rebels...wouldn't it be more comforting to say that you are being dominated by the eventual champions rather than by a team that didn't go on to win it?

I was listening to 990 on the drive back and Quarles said that neither Byner nor Tallent will start.  Is he just being coy about the situation, or will the 2 sophs start?

825439983[/snapback]

Medman,

I hung out with Tallent and AB last night and asked them about tonight. AB says he'll play. Tallent says he will not. Joe Black (great physical therapist) was there when I was talking to Tallent and he was very obviously of the opinion that Tallent would not and should not be in the game. Perhaps GQ is being coy. I know that last week he allowed AB to think he would play but had no intentions of playing him until Tallent went down. But whoever takes the first snap is irrelevent. If it gets close near the end, I'd expect to see both AB and Tallent gritting it out and putting it on the line.

Morning Papa...did you see nations post from the News Sentinel? Coy is a good word for today, but they don't sound very confident, do they? Boobcat is grasping at straws, just looking for a way to get under our skin.

I think there' much more solice in, "hey, we got beat by the best" than, " hey, ya'll remember back when ya got beat by so and so". It must be tough having to psych yourself up for another big blow... thumb

Edited by dmoyers1

mapp you still givin out those VCCs? those things were great

825433731[/snapback]

Nope. Had to give up on them this year. Can't make it to the game tonight either! (cough!...cough!...sniffle sneeze!) Just going to have to settle listening to 1470AM.

Cheer extra loud for me will ya? Rebelron, rebelnation and the rest of you do the same. :D

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Raider, I agree with you this game will not be close and you know it and so do I. You know that your little run of good fortune has ended ,because you have seen as I have the warning signs of a program on the decline with the humilating defeat to M'Town West last year and the gift that you all received at the hands of the Powell Panthers via the refs. The kicking game will be huge for us tomorrow we will return a kickoff for a touchdown, and probably a punt or two for a score maybe more as you all will be punting so much. Our QB will feel some pressure from your fine defensive front, but he will allude them expertly and quickly and the world will see that best QB on the field tomorrow night is a Central Bobcat. Central Bobcat

825440246[/snapback]

I'm not even going to predict on the game because it is a waste of time. The best QB on the field?? Someone needs to tell Helton to stop watching game films of the great Micheal Vick because everytime Central comes to town it seems all he ever wants to do is scramble. He needs to be watching film on someone more of his caliber, like Clausen for UT. It seems they both have a nice ability to cost their team a victory because they try to make plays that they obviously can't make. All due to lack of ability. The QB matchup tonight is more like Manning(Thompson) vs. Heath Shuler(helton).

Maryville- 49

Central- 3 (Helton will have more TO's than points)

I'm not even going to predict on the game because it is a waste of time. The best QB on the field?? Someone needs to tell Helton to stop watching game films of the great Micheal Vick because everytime Central comes to town it seems all he ever wants to do is scramble. He needs to be watching film on someone more of his caliber, like Clausen for UT. It seems they both have a nice ability to cost their team a victory because they try to make plays that they obviously can't make. All due to lack of ability. The QB matchup tonight is more like Manning(Thompson) vs. Heath Shuler(helton).

Maryville- 49

Central- 3    (Helton will have more TO's than points)

825440601[/snapback]

Ya got me laughin dp, but I don't like that QB scenario man. Cade might be manning, but zack is more of a mike bobo or eric zeir...some skills, but not enuff. Calling him Heath Shuler is wrong man. Giving waaay too much credit. :D

Edited by dmoyers1