ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

You bring up some very good points there. 

First of all, the coaches were using a RB who relies on speed and elusiveness to gain his yardage, I'm speaking of BA of course.  On a wet field this does not work very good when he cannot get his feet underneath him, this nullifies his strengths and it showed.  We needed to run our power guys right at them, like they were doing to us.  And FINALLY, they realized that and let Major jam one in there, he broke a few tackles and scores.  We run those guys all night and we cruise to victory.  It's not rocket science, take what the other team and the conditions give you, and make ADJUSTMENTS! 

Sometimes I think the offensive coordinator is coaching for the other team.  What a joke some of the play calling is!  Can you say PREDICTABLE!  :lol:  If I didn't know better I would say he had never played football in his life.  They need a guy up there who makes the appropriate calls according to the defense, and maybe a guy that has a PAIR!  :lol:  It would be sad to see such a talented group of athletes blow all of this potential because of the stubborness of ONE man.  You can't rely on just athletic ability all year, this team is lucky to have been blessed with so many talented players, but now it's time for the coaches to step up and do something.  These are 16-18 yr. old boys whose emotions feed off of the coaches, and it's obvious that the team has not been focused the past two games.

825433454[/snapback]

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes even more sense to run up the middle when you have several backs that are capable of doing just that. Major,Bell and Shaw can all take up the middle for 5 plus yards a carry. It would just seem that the smart thing to do when you have so many weapons, is to use them all and keep them fresh. I have not seen a team this year that even comes close to the depth that THS has and we dont use it.

I think with the comments that Coach Stubbs made after the South game, I think we will see the team that we are use to seeing. If the strangers to the field are gone and our MEN are back playing like they did against East, it will be a LONG LONG night for the Cyclones.

VikeFanatic,

How much of the game did you actually watch last friday night?  The reason I ask is that if you were really watching the game, you wouldn't blame it entirely on the coaching staff.

That was probably the worst I have ever seen the Vikes play.  The offense didn't execute, the defense could not make a tackle, and had it not been for the play of the special teams, we probably wouldn't have won at all.  I really don't think that making plays, executing, and fundamentals can be blamed on the coaches.  I have seen the Vikings practice, and I have seen them work on fundamentals on a weekly basis since August.

It is easy to blame people for mistakes made, but you need to watch a little closer to make sure you are blaming the right people.  The THS players had already beaten South 52-7, and as hard as they tried, I am sure that it was nearly impossible to convince the players to play hard.  After all it is difficult to beat a good team twice in one season, and South is a good team.  I have to give them the respect they deserve.

825433274[/snapback]

I watched this game just like I have watched every game this season. The question is have you been paying attention?! As hard as you say it is to prepare the team for a game even if it is a game that involves a lesser opponent, it’s still the coaches’ job. And 90% of the time the way a team comes prepared to play on any given night is a direct reflection on the coaching staff and how they prepared in practice the week of the game. The other 10% that the coaching staff can’t control would be uncontrollable circumstances (like the death of the DE father).

South is not a good team. A physical team… yes. But a good team… no. Missed tackles weren’t to blame for South’s offensive drives. They just picked on a vulnerable spot in our defense and our coaches made no attempt (whether in players or alignments) to stop them. Out coached is all I can say. The players did their best to hold their own. We had four in the box and they sent 3 linemen, 2 backs, and the quarterback directly at them time after time. Nothing fancy … just a numbers thing. This was something that could have easily been countered by putting more bodies in the box (linebackers, more down linemen, or maybe a strong safety). But they did nothing because they were not prepared.

As fare as the offence not executing, that’s not true. If you were a coach, and your defense was lining up against THS… who would you key on first. If you said anything other than BA then you may be THS’s offensive coordinator. It’s not heard to figure out BA around the left side… BA around the right side… BA off tackle. We have just been lucky that we haven’t played a team that can match up to our speed and athleticism. But that is about to change!

How many times can this be “THE WORSED I’VE SEEN THS PLAY” before we realize that it’s all about preparation? Bottom line is that the coaching staff needs to step up and take responsibility for how this team comes to play EVERY GAME!

They use to have a coach named Butcher that coached in the 80’s early 90’s. He had no problem getting the team motivated (sometime to the point of tears). I know … I was their. I understand he is still at THS working as an administrator. Maybe they could bring him in before game time for a good old fashion head buttin session! Just a suggestion because I don’t know what they can do to get this team to show up again. Then again I’m not the coach.

We hope THS is still sleep walking on NOV. 19 I think they have a goal in front of them. I believe they will wake up. Someone said South is not a good team that is wrong they are a good team when they play to there abilities, they just have not played that way every week.

I have said all along that The Clones are a pretty good team. Coach17 keeps talking about the haters, and lander33 keeps telling us little johnny didnt get to play enough. But believe it or not there are other people who understand this [rocket science difficult game] game of football. Most people I know are very happy with were the Clones are and were fairly ok with how we got here. There has been some who dont understand some things that have happened and ask why, but that doesnt mean we hate Pless or Mckinney or anyone else.

Brown is on the sidelines because he helps with some other stuff he donates his time. He loves to be around the kids and is a good guy. He does not coach anything or bother anything or hurt anyboby so leave him along vd.

When I was in school a 1000 years ago Mo Riddle used to be on the sidelines.

The Clones are down to the final 8 I believe with faith and effort we can go to the final 4, THS is beatable it aint going to be easy or fun while it is happening, but it can be done.

WE HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MUST BELIEVE WITH EVERY ONCE WE HAVE TO GIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play to your abilities and may the best team win. If THS was just going to win then dont play the game. I think that is the reason we play the game to determine a winner.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bring up some very good points there. 

First of all, the coaches were using a RB who relies on speed and elusiveness to gain his yardage, I'm speaking of BA of course.  On a wet field this does not work very good when he cannot get his feet underneath him, this nullifies his strengths and it showed.  We needed to run our power guys right at them, like they were doing to us.  And FINALLY, they realized that and let Major jam one in there, he broke a few tackles and scores.  We run those guys all night and we cruise to victory.  It's not rocket science, take what the other team and the conditions give you, and make ADJUSTMENTS! 

Sometimes I think the offensive coordinator is coaching for the other team.  What a joke some of the play calling is!  Can you say PREDICTABLE!  :lol:  If I didn't know better I would say he had never played football in his life.  They need a guy up there who makes the appropriate calls according to the defense, and maybe a guy that has a PAIR!  :lol:  It would be sad to see such a talented group of athletes blow all of this potential because of the stubborness of ONE man.  You can't rely on just athletic ability all year, this team is lucky to have been blessed with so many talented players, but now it's time for the coaches to step up and do something.  These are 16-18 yr. old boys whose emotions feed off of the coaches, and it's obvious that the team has not been focused the past two games.

825433454[/snapback]

Hey now, before you go pointing any fingers, think about what you are saying. I think you have to ask why are the kids themselves not getting up for a game such as this??? It shouldn't be totally the coaches job to get his players pumped for what could possibly be there last football game. That should come from their heart. They need to wake up and play like they can, play like the State champions that everyone knows they can be. They need some leaders to step up and get on their teamates butts when it needs to be done. And as for the comment earlier about "Stickley and Wilson were tiptoeing through the tulips", I loved that one, and how true it was. I guess they thought they were bullfighting and used the ole "O-lay" move, but it wasn't working. How bout ya HIT somebody!

To the Cyclones:

Tn. High is an outstanding team. Everyone knew that before the opening bell to start the season.

To start the 2004 season I thought that the Cyclones could, at the least, match last year's teams output (6-5). Some even were quoted on here as saying you would go 4-6 or 5-5. Heck, after the first four games I certainly had my doubts about several situations. Well now, here you are at 8-4 and in the final eight in the state. Tn. High put up some descent numbers on the score board in the first meeting, but don't forget how they got them. The Cyclone defense wasn't bad at all. Now that the offense has developed and you are playing near mistake free football, I think you have a very good chance of defeating a very good Viking team. A Viking team that has worked hard in the off-season to achieve the status they have now. A lesson that must be learned by the underclassmen at Elizabethton for next year...... a group that is hungry. Get busy with your game plan and be ready to go to war Friday night. Play hard, play smart and play clean. Exactly the formula that got you where you are today.

Congradulations to both teams for exciting seasons and good luck. I hope for a hard fought game with everyone coming out in good shape. Above all, don't disrespect your school, fans or yourself by your play. Play in a way that will honor your school, fans and yourself.

I'll give a prediction on this one after seeing a weather report. As in last Friday's games, it does effect the outcome and score.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

To 03: You're a joker and a flip flopper just like Kerry

You never stay the same week to week on any issue other than Maryville is the best team in world. You jumped on the Tennessee High bandwagon late in the season when you realized they are probably better than Maryville, but they had a few bad games lately and you start trashing their offense before you even know what has happened. When the offense barely touches the ball because special teams score twice in a row, what do you do? The only thing that remains constant is you're infatuation with an overrated Maryville team. After they almost got beat this past week you made every excuse in the book for them. You try to act as if you are a unbias high school football fan, but you're not fooling anybody.