CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

Talk to your Fire Department...we have Pics...Herndon was 2nd in the State as running back...I admit that Phifer(QB) should have handed the ball off...but he thought he was special...his specialty was a 2 yard loss...In '84 I was in the 8th grade (9-1)"thanks Paris Grove"...I blocked for Jimmy Boyd, father of Camden's Boyd brothers...Everybody in Camden and Bruceton knew what Huntingdon was up too...slow Herdon down...Hey, wet the surface down, we have 5 running backs...all it takes is one....I will admit ...the last several years Huntington and Milan have been teams to beat...COACH WARD HAS AWAKEN A SLEEPING LION...

825437240[/snapback]

you guy just have to try to understand, we always have so little talent in huntingdon that we have to use any tactic we can! :D

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
The Rebels beat Huntingdon in 2001, not 2002. Score was 13-6.

825436943[/snapback]

I remember the 2001 Huntingdon Mustangs. They lost to Harpeth in the opening round of the playoffs, please don't mention the '97, '99, and '03 playoff matchups between Harpeth & Huntingdon. Mckenzie went to the state semifinals back in '01, then got killed in the semifinals by Westview.

One week at a time.

825436932[/snapback]

yeah i thought that would be the answer to that question. i just know that everyone wants their team to win and thinks they will, and was just curious to know who they would like their next opponent to be IF their team won. not trying to get anyone to look past this week. it cant be looked over, its a big game, i would think it would be hard for anyone on either side of the ball to be at least a little nervous about the outcome, iknow i am. the lions have a good chance at beating huntingdon.

I remember the 2001 Huntingdon Mustangs.  They lost to Harpeth in the opening round of the playoffs, please don't mention the '97, '99, and '03 playoff matchups between Harpeth & Huntingdon.  Mckenzie went to the state semifinals back in '01, then got killed in the semifinals by Westview.

825437539[/snapback]

Thought H-town got beat by Fairview?

Camden is a better team than Huntington, plain and simple. Huntington won during the season because of nerves,the history, and a little bit of luck. This is a reborn Camden team that will roll all over h town. 35-20 Camden. Yes, Camden did play a lot of average-below average teams, but did any of them actually compete with Camden? McKenzie played a good game with them as did Dresdon, but thats all I can think of and none of that matters because it was so long ago. The new Camden team though, beat Fairview terribly, in what was supposed to be a close game.

Camden is a better team than Huntington, plain and simple. Huntington won during the season because of nerves,the history, and a little bit of luck. This is a reborn Camden team that will roll all over h town. 35-20 Camden. Yes, Camden did play a lot of average-below average teams, but did any of them actually compete with Camden? McKenzie played a good game with them as did Dresdon, but thats all I can think of and none of that matters because it was so long ago. The new Camden team though, beat Fairview terribly, in what was supposed to be a close game.

825437834[/snapback]

Based on what? You perception entirely. What I saw in the first matchup was a Camden team that was a notch slower, smaller, less physical and with less depth than Huntingdon. Camden WON'T be able to run the ball out of the wing-t. If Huntingdon doesn't execute, has some to's, AND if Markham has the game of his life it might be interesting.....otherwise it won't even be close. GUARANTEED. Thats my perception.