Region 1

TDkid

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethan lost 4-3 (I think) against Reveiz and it was also close against Coffey. What was really funny was that Coffey was huge and athletic and comes off the mat to shake our hands and says, "Man, that guy was strong." Most people don't think of Ethan as strong but that is what all of his opponents are saying so I'll have to believe them. Henley beating Robbins doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of Region 1 because Robbins is 189. What I hope it does do is make people think twice before bumping somebody up to go after the guy who leads our team in wins and pins. That's a surprise too. Everybody thought it would be Bo and it may be before the season is over but Henley is our team leader right now.

I post the stat sheet on the wall after every competition and so far Bo hasn't caught Ethan yet. Ethan has 12 pins and Bo has 5. He better step it quick or he'll never catch him.

Ethan and Wayne went 1-1 last year so we'll see what happens. Are the Smith brothers back from injury? Zeke, do you know?

Ethan works his butt off and I am looking forward to seeing him this year and the next.

Edited by TDArtist

Seth, I hate to hear that about your loss and your season.  Please remember that Coach Hernandez has to take into consideration all of the guys on his team.  You had role models like Gualtney to guide you.  All you can do is be a role model in the practice room and not get on CoachT and call your coach retarded.  He's doing the best that he can with the hand he was dealt. 

Felto - it's good to see you on here.  Don't let all the good stuff that I said about you go to your head.  I'm still going to have Damian ready to kick your butt.  At least until next summer.  I've tried to follow the results in the paper, your year is looking pretty good.  What happened against West Greene? Numbers?

825483515[/snapback]

I understand that everyone must be considered but the frustrating thing is when people mess around in practice and nothings done. If i say something to them then i get jumped on because their "young" and if i dont do anything im scared the place will turn into a zoo.When he tries to cancel practice every other day because he has "things to do" it really upsets me.Sometimes it just feels like im the only one who actually takes this seriously.

I understand better now.  Thanks for your reply.  Are there any places around that would allow an open mat on the days when your practices are cancelled?  Ask some of the coaches.  They might want you in their room to help their young kids.

825485600[/snapback]

Is it legal bt TSSAA rules to practice anywhere besides your own school or team? Coach said it is , but then again he also said i could wrestle 171 and go to 145 the next week.