Region 1

TDkid

lol.. alright seth, i believe the teams at the GIT will be the same except for McCallie will not be there this year because the Father Ryan Invitational is the same weekend and they always go to that one, plus i doubt they wanna see baylor again, since they see them at like every other tourney they go to.. but the GIT should be a great tourney again this year... seth, u could possibly be the 145 to beat this year, haven't seen many other 145's that have impressed me, i believe mumpower should be able to go 145 by regions and he's pretty decent.. and i haven't heard about the 145 from Science Hill, so maybe he's a new guy, i wonder how they did at their tourney in winstom salem this weekend

825480410[/snapback]

Well Dix from Farragut might be back by then i heard. Mumpy is alredy at 145 saw him wrestle today at elizabethon.And yea i wanna see how bo did this weekend, the way they made it sound they were going in a gun fight with a toothpick.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea.. i heard the same thing about that tourney they went to... how did everything go at elizabethton today???

825480458[/snapback]

Well i beat all my guys and we went 1 and 3 .YES I SAID 1 and 3 that means we finally won a dual i was so excited i got mudbutt all over the place. We beat Grace Acadamy by like 30pts so i had a good day.I mean to have Broyles, Gaultney, Massenzo, and Tippet leave in one year can really kill a program but im glad we got at least 1 win in my senior year.

Edited by Seth Van Horn

yea losing 4 seniors can kill you, fortunately we just lost one, so we don't have to rebound much with brimer stepping up to fill that spot so we are having a good year... were there any other tuff teams at border wars?

825480471[/snapback]

Well the finals were Abington, D.B. ,and Mitchell county and i think db won if im not mistaken.

A gunfight with a toothpick, I love that! We got our butts handed to us on a platter this weekend. But, so did everybody else. The tournament winning team only scored 124 points. This is the toughest one day tournament that I have ever seen. Very few pins, lots of 1 point decisions. Every bracket had 3 or 4 ranked wrestlers and Bo's had 9 state qualifiers.

119 - Grant Mitchell - 6th

125 - Bo Usary - 1st

130 - Matt Drish - 8th

152 - Drew Beamer - 5th (got thrown onto the gym floor hard leading 8-5 and lost. He's OK, gym floor dented :)

215 - Ethan Henley - 6th

I'm glad that we have 4 days to recuperate before going to Boone to wrestle the Devils.