Worst Offical Call

timbertalker

Ripley lost in overtime Friday against Kingsbury with the worst officals ever, bad spotting on both sides ,but the ultimate call was Ripley's Quaterback was running the ball toward the endzone when he fumbled the ball the ball fell into the endzone and one of Ripleys players landed on it . The officals said that it was a forward fumble and it didn't matter if anyone rcovered it or not . I have heard of a forward lateral but not a forward fumble I tought if you fumbled the ball it didn't matter which direction the ball went . These officals took this game away from the team that should have won the game wheather or not Ripley would advance to the next level is not the question . The officals were some of the worst I ever seen it was very obvious that they were cold and wanted to get out of there. I also seen the photos of the Melrose Dyersburg game it showed clearly that the Quaterbacks knee was on the ground when he pitched the ball to the back. All I want to say is that the officals were wrong I know they are not perfect , but in a crucial game as this was they should have been more knowledgable than that . With all of the officals there two of them said it was a very bad call and Ripley should been awarded the touchdown . I am not mad just dissapointed that These Tennesse Officals were that sorry to make a call that bad to make the whole outcome of the game.

We never expected to make that far, and thats why one call effected a whole team hopes taken away . Why are officals this bad?

Athough this call wasn't as bad as the Dyersburg call it still is bad

Edited by timbertalker

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials for the Covington vs RE game last Friday where equally bad. Covington had (I'm guessing) 15-20 penalties called on them. I know one player for Covington by himeself had 5. RE had 3-5 penalties total as a team. There is always holding somewhere on almost every play, but the officials have got to be consistent. I know Covington had some penalities, but 15-20? Come on. While RE did nothing wrong all night. RE passed the ball 25 times that game and I dont think there was 1 holding penalty on them. If the officiating for the Covington vs Kingsbury is gonna be the same, Covington might as well stay home. I say TSSAA should get some officials from Middle Tennessee to come down to give everyone a equal opportunity. Sounds like Ripley was robbed to me! Where was the Ripley/Kingsbury game held?

Ripley lost in overtime Friday against Kingsbury with the worst officals ever, bad spotting on both sides ,but the ultimate call was Ripley's Quaterback was running the ball toward the endzone when he fumbled the ball the ball fell into the endzone and one of Ripleys players landed on it . The officals said that it was a forward fumble and it didn't matter if anyone rcovered it or not . I have heard of a forward lateral but not a forward fumble I tought if you fumbled the ball it didn't matter which direction the ball went . These officals took this game away from the team that should have won the game wheather or not Ripley would advance to the next level is not the question . The officals were some of the worst I ever seen it was very obvious that they were cold and wanted to get out of there. I also seen the photos of the Melrose Dyersburg game it showed clearly that the Quaterbacks knee was on the ground when he pitched the ball to the back. All I want to say is that the officals were wrong I know they are not perfect , but in a crucial game as this was they should have been more knowledgable than that . With all of the officals there two of them said it was a very bad call and Ripley should been awarded the touchdown . I am not mad just dissapointed that These Tennesse Officals were that sorry to make a call that bad to make the whole outcome of the game.

We never expected to make that far, and thats why one call effected a whole team hopes taken away . Why are officals this bad?

825433165[/snapback]

Only the fumbler can recover for a gain, otherwise it goes to the spot of the fumble, sounds like the oficials did know the rule.

Ripley lost in overtime Friday against Kingsbury with the worst officals ever, bad spotting on both sides ,but the ultimate call was Ripley's Quaterback was running the ball toward the endzone when he fumbled the ball the ball fell into the endzone and one of Ripleys players landed on it . The officals said that it was a forward fumble and it didn't matter if anyone rcovered it or not . I have heard of a forward lateral but not a forward fumble I tought if you fumbled the ball it didn't matter which direction the ball went . These officals took this game away from the team that should have won the game wheather or not Ripley would advance to the next level is not the question . The officals were some of the worst I ever seen it was very obvious that they were cold and wanted to get out of there.

825433165[/snapback]

Please tell us more about the situtation, down, distance, where the ball was fumbled from. If it was fourth down and goal (since it is overtime) the call is correct. If first, second, or third, the ball should have been place at the spot of the fumble and ready for the next play.

The worst call ever, which didn't win or loose the game, was Friday Night in Greenbrier. Greenbrier player bobled the ball near the sideline and it was caught by a member of the coaching staff. PA announcer says incomplete pass, 2nd down Greenbrier, which tells me he saw what happened. The officials signaled a completed pass and 1st down Greenbrier.

Like I said, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but it was the bonehead call of the year. Hands Down !!!!!!!!!!!

The worst call ever, which didn't win or loose the game, was Friday Night in Greenbrier. Greenbrier player bobled the ball near the sideline and it was caught by a member of the coaching staff. PA announcer says incomplete pass, 2nd down Greenbrier, which tells me he saw what happened. The officials signaled a completed pass and 1st down Greenbrier.

Like I said, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but it was the bonehead call of the year.  Hands Down !!!!!!!!!!!

825433367[/snapback]

Come on MC. It was complete. It might have been the coach who caught it but it was complete... :o

Seriously... It was a totally blown call. I still wonder what his explanation was during the timeout. I still say that his view must have been totally blocked.

The Quarterback was diving toward the end zone when the Kingsbury player knocked it out with his knee and we recovered it in the end zone one ref signaled touchdown . We played this game @ Halle stadium in Memphis . Another bad call we had was our db was thrown down in front of their bench and one ref signaled offensive interference then their coaches got out on the field in the refs face and they changed the call to defensive interference . We had no chance to win this game.

Covington will smoke Kingsbury. The only reason Ripley is not facing Covington is ,Because of the officals . And we know Covington would probably beat us again , but Ithink we should have had that chance.

Edited by timbertalker

The Quarterback was diving toward the end zone when the Kingsbury player knocked it out with his knee and we recovered it in the end zone one ref signaled touchdown  . We played this game @ Halle stadium in Memphis . Another bad call we had was our db was thrown down in front of their bench and one ref signaled offensive interference then their coaches got out on the field in the refs face and they changed the call to defensive interference . We had no chance to win this game.

Covington will smoke Kingsbury. The only reason Ripley is not facing Covington is ,Because of the officals . And we know Covington would probably beat us again , but Ithink we should have had that chance.

825433541[/snapback]

timbertalker, addictedtosports, et. al.,

THIS WAS NOT A BLOWN CALL! IT WAS THE PROPER CALL!!!

Know your rules before you criticize. Any time the ball is fumbled "forward", the ball cannot be advanced by the fumbling team. Giving Ripley a TD in this situation would have been "advancing" the ball from the spot of the foul.

The best you could have hoped for would be to have the ball spotted at the spot of the fumble. But, I believe in high school football....if it is fumbled into the end zone, it results in a touchback for the defense no matter who recovers or if it goes out of bounds.

THAT IS THE RULE! LOOK IT UP!!!

Edited by FatCat