Smith Co. New Region

oldchsman

Everyone is talking about how easily Smith Co. will walk over Westmoreland...but I'm sure any of the "mafia" can tell you about the last time the two teams played, 28-6 I think, Smith Co. didn't put up much of a struggle. I am not saying Westmoreland is as good as Smith Co. now, but don't be so naive as to think that they will dominate EVERY year. I do know that Westmoreland's freshman went undefeated, middle school went undefeated, and JV lost one game. It will be an interesting Region with three times contending for first place every year. It is definately a better situation for Westmoreland as far as gate and not having to play private schools.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure don't know much. We spent twelve years in 3A and compiled a 123-33 record. All twelve years we made it to the playoffs, eleven years in a row to at least the second round. Twice to the quarterfinals, once to the semi-finals, and three times to the big dance where we took the state championship in 2000. That's 50% of our time in 3A that we made it to the quarterfinals (week 13) or further. Tell me what your boys have done.................. :lol:

:P

825436342[/snapback]

I was talking about this year there ppride. And as my boys I don't have a certain team I call mine. If your refering to LA THEY OWNED YOU THE LAST 3 YRS. I remember when i played we played Portland in a jamboree beat them 16 to nothing in 1 quarter. Actually I haven't kept up with football for the last 25 yrs. So I always thought Portland was about like they were when I played. Sounds like times have changed. Most of the success these teams have today is everybody and their brother gets to go ot the play-offs. I wish they had this play-off system when I played we might have won a state title in 2A. I also might add we didn't play the Jackson Co's, Cannon Co's Baxter,and Dekalb Co's. We played Alcoa- Harriman, Smyrna, Pulaski -Hatsville-Carthage-Crossville -Lafayette -Grundy Co. York in 72 went 10-0 played Greenbrier in Industral Bowl. My point is if play-off system were in place like now I'd like to think we could have went deep into the play-offs every yr.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Eh, I'm gone from Cannon County. Kinda wish I was a junior this year instead of a senior. Next year the lions almost absolutely will be under a new coaching staff. I hear from the word around is that they are going to Run, Run, Run. Not as in run the football, as in run till you puke conditioning every day. Defensive coach Ricky Kailiponi will be the main guy implementing that BIG KAHUKU FOOTBALL STYLE! Anyone ever seen them play? They are awesome. Anyways, hopefully Cannon County will be the big surprise next year with the new coaching staff. CC BABY!

Everyone is talking about how easily Smith Co. will walk over Westmoreland...but I'm sure any of the "mafia" can tell you about the last time the two teams played, 28-6 I think, Smith Co. didn't put up much of a struggle. I am not saying Westmoreland is as good as Smith Co. now, but don't be so naive as to think that they will dominate EVERY year. I do know that Westmoreland's freshman went undefeated, middle school went undefeated, and JV lost one game. It will be an interesting Region with three times contending for first place every year. It is definately a better situation for Westmoreland as far as gate and not having to play private schools.

825436652[/snapback]

Actually it was 21-7 and went down to the last minutes before the game was decided. The year prior SC won 36-14. That one was closer than the score.

I am sure Westmoreland will be a formidable opponent. I think York was better than Westmoreland this year. They will be tough too. Upperman...as someone else said...is improving every year.

What your freshman, jv, etc. did is really not that much of a factor.

Edited by Antwan

ok hello! when this region used to be together how many region titles did SC win?thats what i thought. and well yeah york prolly was better than westmoreland this year. most teams were. but things are gonna go back to the way they used to be. SC cant stay on top forever(more than 1 or 2 seasons). and its not like youve been playing outstanding teams. all the teams in your region were down the past couple of years, accept for you. no offense to the other teams in the region but they havent been at the level they used to be. portland, trousdale,etc.

ill admitt you probably will beat us next season cause we are still very young. but the talent pool comes in waves for everybody accept the private schools.

im glad to see this rivalry back together itll be much more interesting. good luck friday night ill be watching.

ok hello! when this region used to be together how many region titles did SC win?thats what i thought. and well yeah york prolly was better than westmoreland this year. most teams were. but things are gonna go back to the way they used to be. SC cant stay on top forever(more than 1 or 2 seasons). and its not like youve been playing outstanding teams. all the teams in your region were down the past couple of years, accept for you. no offense to the other teams in the region but they havent been at the level they used to be. portland, trousdale,etc.

ill admitt you probably will beat us next season cause we are still very young. but the talent pool comes in waves for everybody accept the private schools.

im glad to see this rivalry back together itll be much more interesting. good luck friday night ill be watching.

825445186[/snapback]

We were in the region with Westmoreland, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Cannon, Jackson, and Upperman for two years. We won the region one of the two years. Goodpasture won it the next year. I don't know what you thought.

How do you get the best teams were down? Trousdale made two semifinals, Macon made one, and we've made one so far. What the heck are you talking about?

Edited by Antwan