Ridgeway Pre Season

ankLpik

I expect there’ll be some weight shifts from the GT Preseason to Ridgeway, and hopefully a few more faces. Borneman looked small for 89 (not that he can’t handle it) – I’d like to see him at 71 this weekend. I’d like to see Hunt at 45 this time. Barnett will undoubtedly stay there, and I’d like to see the two of them square off. He won’t be able to throw Hunt around like he was throwing ‘em around at Gtown. He may have to break a sweat. I speculate that Marable will be coming in at 60. Am I wrong?

I’m sure there are guys that wish they could run from these weights, but there’s nowhere to go. Are Allen, Speroff, Scott, or Hansen wrestling?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the rumors I hear you might see Marbale come in at 171 for a while before getting to 160. I would aslo love to see Hunt and Barnett go at it but it would not surprise me to see Hunt at 140 this tournament. He only missed 145 by about .3 last week and I don't think 140 would be a stretch, depending on how hard he works this week...

Edited by WrestleSBA

From the rumors I hear you might see Marbale come in at 171 for a while before getting to 160.  I would aslo love to see Hunt and Barnett go at it but it would not surprise me to see Hunt at 140 this tournament.  He only missed 145 by about .3 last week and I don't think 140 would be a stretch, depending on how hard he works this week...

825434758[/snapback]

.3? Maybe he didn't want any part of 145?

.3? Maybe he didn't want any part of 145?

825434866[/snapback]

Hunt is not the type of wrestler that would run from anyone, Andrew Barnett not withstanding. It is my understaning that they have wrestled way back when and that both probably wouldn't mind a rematch but I am not sure how likely we are to ever see that one.

When did Hunt beat Barnett? If he did it was a while back because they haven't been too close in weight the past few years. Hunt is a great wrestler, but he's better off at 140 with Andrew at 145. It's simply a case of two good wrestlers in one weight class, but I think it's safe to say Barnett has the advantage.

825435001[/snapback]

From what I have been told it was during the MS championships in seventh grade. I know it sounds funny that someone would bring that up but when you grow up wrestling together those kind of thigns tend to stick with you. And yes I think Hunt is much much better at 140.

I understand what you're saying. Here's my point: I wrestled Hunt in middle school and in high school and won. I wrestled Barnett last year twice, lost, and neither time was very close. So, there's my ethos for anyone who's interested. I know people improve in the off-season and everything, but unless Hunt got a lot stronger....a whole lot stronger, I don't think it'd be much of a match. That still doesn't take away from the fact that Hunt is an outstanding wrestler and will probably have a great season, but not at 145.