The BHS/FHS Matchup! Ads vs Dogs

rigger101

Rigger let the coaches handle it! You are fortunate enough to have a coaching staff that delivered three State Finalists last seaon. Sounds like they know how to schedule the correct amount of competitive events to peak their wrestlers at the right time. I am sure Coaches Ferguson and Knox will schedule this event if it fits into open dates they may be desirous of filling. Too many matches can lead to burn out and slumps. Yes this sport is know to have slumps beyond what slumps are experienced by even Baseball players. Your Farragut kids are lucky to have the caliber of coaches they have and just let them do their jobs.

Rigger let the coaches handle it! You are fortunate enough to have a coaching staff that delivered three State Finalists last seaon. Sounds like they know how to schedule the correct amount of competitive events to peak their wrestlers at the right time. I am sure Coaches Ferguson and Knox will schedule this event if it fits into open dates they may be desirous of filling. Too many matches can lead to burn out and slumps. Yes this sport is know to have slumps beyond what slumps are experienced by even Baseball players. Your Farragut kids are lucky to have the caliber of coaches they have and just let them do their jobs.

825434828[/snapback]

I agree about the Farragut kids being lucky to have the caliber of coaches they have. thumb

I think it would help both programs and bring in some needed revenue. Plus I was having fun with it. I know Coach Knox will do what he feels is best but even Coach Ferguson thought it would be a great ideal and in the past it filled up the gym. With the New coach at Bearden, It would be a great way to get an old rivalry started again.

The new Bearden coach is Jason Anderson. He did grow up wrestling in Iowa and has coached in Colorado.  He's employed by the Knox County school system as a math curriculum developer (or something like that). We (Bearden parents) are very excited to have him.  We felt like the program had really taken a turn for the better last year and were worried about who might replace Coach brown. I for one am quite pleased, and I'm hopeful that the future of Bearden wrestling is good. It probably won't happen over night. He was a bit taken aback when he heard how little monetary support we got from the school. Fortunately several parents have stepped up to help with fund-raising, etc.

Re: BHS v FHS.  I'm all for it, too. I had heard FHS had some open datees as does BHS and I told coach. I know he called FHS coaches and left a message, but don't know if he's heard back.  I'm sure they love all us parents getting involved in their scheduling  :lol:

Aaron O'Hearn should be strong this year at 152.  He's worked hard this summer and is in excellent condition.  Two other returning seniors: Scott Wessleman at 171/189 and Doug Plumley at 215 should be strong.  We've also got a couple experienced sophomores that did well last year: Andrew Birdwell at 119 and Nathan Bevelhimer (my son) at 160. We've got several other returners and a few (though not enough) new guys.

825433409[/snapback]

It would be FUN!

• 2 weeks later...

From what I saw at the Jamboree I would doubt that the Farragut team is afraid of Bearden. Farragut has a fine team well coached and they appear to be a team that steadily improves throughout the year just as they did last year. It would be a good thing if scheduling would permit the rivalry to start up again. That way all the trash talk gets settled on the mat and not on coacht threads.

Is Farragut scared by the Dogs new Coach?

825451008[/snapback]

After looking at Farragut's schedule I wouldn't conclude Farragut is scared of any team and certainly not any coach. I'm sure they will take some lumps along the way but that happens when you schedule tough teams in and out of state. You seem to have an attitude towards Farragut what's that all about.

I don't think Farragut would want to waste their time with the Bulldogs

825452606[/snapback]

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

It could help out each teams program $. Farragut and Bearden could have a competition of tic-tac-toe and it would draw a crowd. Why not have it in the oldest sport on Earth get some of that $! :D

They go against each other in every sport! :lol:

They have a few good kids and with the new coach and the frustration with the football team they might have a group to compete this year besides there supposable "Fab Four" from last year.

Edited by rigger101

Fab Four’ pointing to state

Bearden’s “Fab Four” shined during Science Hill High School’s Fandetti Brawl Wrestling Tournament in Johnson City on Saturday.

Central to that success was Brown’s so-called “Fab Four,” led on this weekend by Aaron O’Hern in the 145-pound class.

Bearden’s other three “Fab Four” members each took second place: David Townsend (152), Scott Wesselman (171) and Michael Lumpkin (215).

“I call them them the “Fab Four” because I can consistently count on them to give points to our team,” Brown said. “Those four guys, I don’t see how there’s any way that they don’t qualify for state. I even think a couple of them can be region champ, especially O’Hern because he hasn’t lost to anybody around here.

“The way he’s wrestling, if he ever gets ten percent better, I don’t see anybody in the region that beat him,” he added.

As for the team goals, “we’ve got the Knox County Championships coming up (Jan. 31), and I really believe we have an excellent chance of being in the top two in that tournament,” Brown said. “There’s no doubt about that. We’ve already placed higher than Farragut at the GIT.”

I think Coach Brown bit off more than he could chew last year.

These quotes helped get Farragut fired up for KIL last year. We will miss him!