Region 6-3A coaches are happy

chewalla

southside made out good in this deal. maybe liberty will continue to improve and give them some compitition. region 7 3a.....wow. i can see that region sweeping the first round of playoffs almost every year. whoever makes it out of the first 3 rounds of playoffs from region 7 will definatly be battle tested.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody make a phone call to Selmer and ask Tommy Browder how he feels about his chances in this region, LOL!!!!  With the exception of Southside and McNairy, and maybe Bolivar who showed flashes this year, this region will be a joke in 2005.  Lexington is about to drop off big time and Liberty Tech might have a shot to make the playoffs in this weak region.  Chester County has trouble beating teams like Adamsville and Riverside.  Fayette-Ware needs to concentrate on trying to win a game.

825435190[/snapback]

Might have a shot? Liberty was the second highest scoring team in the region 6-3A next to Lexington to whom they lost to by 3. They beat the number 1 team, Southside, who made it to the quarter finals. Expect Liberty to be a leading team next year.

Although I whole heartedly agree that 7-3A will be much tougher next season, I do think it's a little soon to count the Ripley Tigers out already. Don't get me wrong...I realize there are some very tough teams we'll have to contend with now, but I honestly think we have the talent to be very competitive.

I know I'm kinda swimming upstream here, but I think the tougher schedule will be good for us. My thinking here is this...strong competition will force us to raise our level of play. The Tigers, as do many teams, tend to "look past" some games. Those days are over!! This reclassification will make the Tigers stay focused.

But if they don't, then yes, it will make for a very long next few years!!