The best shot blocker?

dudumonaghan

I'm kind of just making up a thread, because everyone knows that Lewis County Junior Nicole Duncan is the best shot blocker in Tennessee, but if anyone thinks there is someone better than her at blocking shots then go ahead and post it.(Nicole Duncan, after her sophomore season, owns the overall shot blocking record, and the single season shot block record, as well as possibly the most in one game)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the TSSAA site

Nicole Duncan has the record for most blocked shots in a season with 155.

Sarah Woods of Coalfield(1998-2001) has the most blocked shots for a career with 382.

Not sure how many Nicole had during her freshman season but if she stays healthy she should easily break the state record before she graduates.

Krich, I'll see if I can get some numbers on Rikki's blocks. I have witnessed every block since she was in the 7th grade. She times her blocks perfectly, whether it is a break away layup or a strong post move. She doesn't just tip or deflect shots either. She throws them off walls, foreheads, or back out to half court. Teammates Michaela Pietrowski(6'3") and Valnessha Redd(5'7") are also spectacular shot blockers. This trio of Cyclones average over 10 combined blocks per game. We don't teach it, they all have the gift. It can be quite intimidating to some of the teams we play. Rikki will hold school records for points, rebounds, blocks, steals and assists by the end of this season. Nobody stuffs a shot or a stat sheet like Rikki.

Nicole Duncan is a shade over 6'2" and is a Junior at Lewis County. Her freshman year she had 144 blocks, which she followed up last year with a state single-season record of 155. In one Regional Tournament game her freshman year she blocked 21 shots, which, in all probability, is some other kind of record.

Nicole Duncan is a shade over 6'2" and is a Junior at Lewis County. Her freshman year she had 144 blocks, which she followed up last year with a state single-season record of 155. In one Regional Tournament game her freshman year she blocked 21 shots, which, in all probability, is some other kind of record.

Didn't know Nicole had that many blocks her freshman year. She should break the state record easily this year. Will probably have over 500 for her career.

Five Hundred? Looks more like she's headed to over Six Hundred. I gotta see this gal.

:D Keep Knocking Em Down, Nicole. B)

Edited by krichunaka

Heck yeah, come on out to Lewis Co. We'll welcome you all. She is something else out there defensively. And my bad, i thought she already had the Career record. One of the best things about her is that she's an even better person off court. In that game that she blocked 21 shots she almost single handedly beat that team( i don't remember the name, i think the indians of somewhere, wore blue and white). I'm sure there are alot of people that just go to the games to watch her throw people's stuff away.