Cookeville @ Riverdale

goo goo cluster

it was 2 cookeville fans that agreed that if riverdale won then i get to pick a custom signature that goes on everyone of their post on this board, lmao!! i told them it wouldnt be close, that riverdale is on a totaly different level but they were in lala land dreaming they had a prayer. on a serious notei give my congrats to the entire cookeville team on their great season, they have no reason to hang their heads if they get blown out by rdale, they still had a great season.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I just want to say I was really impressed with the Cookeville coaching staff. They were undersized, slower, yet they didn't allow a big play all night on defense against Riverdale. To me this game right here shows how good Riverdale really is. Cookeville ran at my count around 10 trick plays and still only scored 7 points, held Riverdale in check most of the night on defense and still gave up 28 points. I do want to comment on the one Cookeville touchdown. First I must say Cookeville had three very impressive drives on the night, alot of trick plays involved, but nonetheless moved the ball very well on Riverdale. On the other hand, i was on the corner of the field where Cookeville scored their touchdown and it should have never happened. Cookeville had a 4th down and 10 at the Riverdale 11 I believe. On the play, Cookeville's QB overthrew his reciever by a good 10 yards, and Riverdale was called for holding on the play. The problems was the reciever was pushed, not held, and it happened two yards from the line of scrimmage which is legal, add to that the ball being overthrown 10 yards. I know where the ball ends up on a holding call does not matter, but pushing within 5 yards is legal. The reason I mentioned this is the referees ended the Riverdale defense scoring streak, not Cookeville. But I still commend Cookeville on their effort, and their coaching was awsome tonight. Your crowd too almost seemed louder on big plays than the Riverdale side on big plays. Congradualtions Cookeville on a great season, with that coach you guys will be back here shortly. Go Warriors!

Cookeville played hard...no questions asked about that....the only question is where in the world did the officials come from it was ridiculously one sided....and I dont lilke to disagree with the refs but RHS had 12 total penalties for 100 yds and Cookeville had 2 for 20 yards.....and that turnover that they called a fumble on the dropped pass....that was the worst call of the night...a close 2nd was the holding penalty when cookeville scored.....i am not trying to take anything away from Cookeville they played so hard and with so much heart and class....but the officiating there arent even words

Edited by kccc

Guest Oakland
Cookeville played hard...no questions asked about that....the only question is where in the world did the officials come from it was ridiculously one sided....and I dont lilke to disagree with the refs but RHS had 12 total penalties for 100 yds and Cookeville had 2 for 20 yards.....and that turnover that they called a fumble on the dropped pass....that was the worst call of the night...a close 2nd was the holding penalty when cookeville scored.....i am not trying to take anything away from Cookeville they played so hard and with so much heart and class....but the officiating there arent even words

825442476[/snapback]

riverdale has been one of the most heavily penalized teams i have seen ever. there have been a few games in which they have gotten over 100 yards in penalities. the officiating couldnt have been that one sided since you guys won by 3 td's, just be grateful that you won and move on