Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Coalfield is in the semi's due to lack of competition in the east this year.  They were not the best public in the state in 1A.  But good luck with a proven tough BB.

825443431[/snapback]

How so? They are the only one left, this time last year none were left. They are equal to any of the others in the final four by earning a right to play at this level. They earned that right by 1) qualifying for the playoffs in the most balanced 1a region in the State, 2) losing three games to stiff region competition and returning to defeat the two teams above them at the end of regular season, and 3) they have been ranked as high as 5 this year and are now actually #4 at worst, just like BBS.

Also, as for BBS schedule, they are 12-1 with one loss to a division II AAA school which proves they can't play with everybody as a poster above stated. The rest of the schedule was filled with teams that had losing records: Howard, even Baylor was even, Whitwell, East Ridge, S.Pitt (which is suprising as they have dismantled Coalfield in the past), Lookout Valley 0-10. Then the playoffs, Copper Basin, 3-8 and should not have been there. Good wins against the teams with winning records though but they may have peaked.

The only teams with winning records Were Walker Valley, Goodpasture, Watertwon, and FCA.

Coalfield is in about the same boat with games against Jellico, Oakdale, Sunbright Harriman, and Wartburg.

So lets not take away from Coalfield playing "weak" teams in the east. Matter of fact I have observe a lot of BBS fans post on here they play in the east also.

Strap 'em on and play ball is all I can say. Best team wins. The game will not be won here.

COALFIELD KIDS STAY OFF HERE. DO NOT LOOSE CONCENTRATION!!!!!!!!

Edited by CYJacket

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the poster that said they can play with everybody...Just for your information Boyd lost that game in the final 20 seconds on a miracle play but it was a great one...Boyd lost by 3 points......

It doesn't matter either way there will be another Boyd thread on here next week and it will say Boyd in state final for third year in a row looking for win #2 in a row in BLUE CROSS BOWL and COALFIELD will be at home watching....MARK MY WORDS

Edited by Golden Eagle

I was the poster that said they can play with everybody...Just for your information Boyd lost that game in the final 20 seconds  on a miracle play but it was a great one...Boyd lost by 3 points......

It doesn't matter either way there will be another Boyd thread on here next week and it will say Boyd in state final for third year in a row looking for win #2 in a row in BLUE CROSS BOWL and COALFIELD will be at home watching....MARK MY WORDS

825443579[/snapback]

I also think BB is going back to finals but looking for their 2nd win not 3rd.

If DCA gets by USJ, finals will be a good rematch.

I was the poster that said they can play with everybody...Just for your information Boyd lost that game in the final 20 seconds  on a miracle play but it was a great one...Boyd lost by 3 points......

825443579[/snapback]

I'm sure your words are marked somewhere just like mine. Problem is your words and mine are insignificant. And losing by three in the last twenty seconds is still a loss (ask Coalfield at CAK last year) and proves BBS can still be beaten and can't hang with the larger schools you mentioned because they didn't in this instance.

Coalfield will speak on the field. Next week's thread at this point doesn't matter it aint here yet.

Edited by CYJacket

Are you serious! Yes Boyd can hang with anybody..Yeah next weeks thread may not matter now but we both know boyd will win...come on...get over the denial...no one is discrediting Coalfield....But when it comes to Boyd and DCA there is no other 1A TEAM in the state that beats them this year...You will find that out Friday night...You should make the trip down to Chattown and witness first hand what well all know here in Chattanooga....Boyd is like Maryville is in 4-a and like Riverdale and Oak Ridge is in 5-a....It might be close for a half like last night,but when Boyd comes on the field in the second half they make the necessary adjustmenst and turn it up a level or 3....Seriously you should make the trip down here friday cy ...just witness boyd for yourself and then you can respect them and realize the facts of Boyd Buchanan Football

825443579[/snapback]

The week after next week there will be another thread saying DCA over Boyd 35-20. DCA wins state!

Darn, I wish I'd have read this thread BEFORE I picked Coalfield to win by 7 in our local county newspaper contest a little earlier today. I mean, I had NO IDEA that our Yellow Jackets had absolutely no chance.

CYJacket, why didn't you tell me? :o

Just remember this 'lil ol' line from Hoosiers which paraphrases the Good Word:

"And David stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a stone and flung it and the giant fell dead."

Or, to quote the late, great Belushi from Animal House, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" :D

It's NEVER over 'til the last second ticks off the clock (and sometimes even that can be prolonged, aye CYJacket?) :D

Let's make the trip down to Choo-Choo city anyway, alright guys? ;)

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

Hey Ro,

I got an idea. Maybe Coach Kries can contact his old College Roomie, Phillip Fulmer to go over film and give him some ideas on how to beat this team that is as good as Florida that plays in a swamp.

After all Fulmer won't be too busy, he only plays Ky. this week. OOPS, Sorry about that slip. Couldn't tell you were a KY. fan. :lol: