Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

It was the first half of Whitwell. I saw a pretty decent quarterback, a running back that runs nearly exactly like another one this year that we stopped, and a defense that swarmed. I'm not a coach, don't want to be, but there was some stuff that looked really good on the team but nothing Coalfield hasn't seen this year. Boyd looked a lot like Midway with a splash of Greenback. They are good enough to beat Coalfield but those two above were also and actually did, but it will be more difficult than you might be thinking.

I'll save the rest of the stuff that is critical until after the game. Don't like to give constructive criticism on here.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an opportunity to watch Boyd on tape this weekend. Very good football team. I am real impressed with the people up front. Akins is a great athlete and makes plays at QB, while Peardon is a great back. They are very well-coached on the defensive side of the ball. In all honesty, it will take Coalfield's best game of the season to have a chance at Boyd.

It was the first half of Whitwell. I saw a pretty decent quarterback, a running back that runs nearly exactly like another one this year that we stopped, and a defense that swarmed. I'm not a coach, don't want to be, but there was some stuff that looked really good on the team but nothing Coalfield hasn't seen this year. Boyd looked a lot like Midway with a splash of Greenback. They are good enough to beat Coalfield but those two above were also and actually did,  but it will be more difficult than you might be thinking.

I'll save the rest of the stuff that is critical until after the game. Don't like to give constructive criticism on here.

825445143[/snapback]

If the only thing you looked at was the first half of the second Whitwell game, you have not seen anything. I'd like to know who the back was who you think is almost just like Matt Peardon. I promise that you have not seen any back like him, nor any offense and defense like Boyd's. Any defense that gave up 70 to CAK will certainly not be able to match up against Boyd's. Beating Midway and Greenback were big accomplishments for Coalfield...good job. But those teams have not prepared Coalfield for what Boyd will bring.

Talking about schedules, Boyd's wasn't as tough as one would think for the defending state champs. I would bet that no team in Region 3-A would have made the playoffs in Region 2-A except for Boyd. Baylor and Goodpasture (even though they don't have powerful team they normmaly have) are the only two teams that really could be described as tests for Boyd. Copper Basin, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, South Pittsburg, and East Ridge aren't exactly up to Coalfield's standards this season.

Oh, king don't tell them that. You'll get em fired up again about greatness and how that no one can hang with them. They see but refuse to open their eyes. They say I should watch the first games Baylor and Goodpasture, I think the Baylor game was a loss, and Goodpasture is down this year. 6-4 Whitwell on the other hand was also close for a while. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by CYJacket

Talking about schedules, Boyd's wasn't as tough as one would think for the defending state champs. I would bet that no team in Region 3-A would have made the playoffs in Region 2-A except for Boyd. Baylor and Goodpasture (even though they don't have powerful team they normmaly have) are the only two teams that really could be described as tests for Boyd. Copper Basin, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, South Pittsburg, and East Ridge aren't exactly up to Coalfield's standards this season.

825445198[/snapback]

I'll give you LV & CB, and maybe S. Pitt. and Whitwell. But East Ridge? No way! East Ridge, playing in a very competitive AAAA region, was better than their record shows, and much better than most people gave them credit for. Walker Valley is also a better team than some think. Were all ten teams big tests? No...not from the standpoint of all of the other teams being equally matched with Boyd. But, they tried to play the best teams that they could find (who would actually agree to play them) in larger classifications to prepare them for the playoffs.

Edited by BnL

Oh, king don't tell them that. You'll get em fired up again about greatness and how that no one can hang with them. They see but refuse to open their eyes. They say I should watch the first games Baylor and Goodpasture, I think the Baylor game was a loss, and Goodpasture is down this year. 6-4 Whitwell on the other hand was also close for a while. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

825445213[/snapback]

Coalfield v. Baylor...Coalfield v. Goodpasture. Two match-ups I'd like to see.

825445198[/snapback]

Got to put my 2 cents in on this. I think Whitwell or South Pittsburg could beat Coalfield this year. They just do not play anyone I mean look at the CAK score, that was ridiculas. I am not for Boyd, I would like to see Coalfield win, but they will not. The score will be 49(or more)-7 Boyd. If it doesn't turn out that way I will be here to eat my words after the game. It will be just as I predicted the DCA-Mt. Pleasant game. Yall just have no idea what you are up against.

Edited by krp