Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure y'all of one thing: none of the players of either team are on here runnin' their mouths about how good they are. These seem to be hangers-on who love to root for their favorite team. More power to 'em.

Coalfield fans- please bring a lawn chair and get here a bit early. The traffic in Chattanooga on Friday is horrible. The Boyd vistors stands are tiny (they wouldn't even hold Walker Valley's band.) Get a bratwurst from the concession stand, they are awesome and pretty cheap. Cheer loud and long for your kids, they did a great job getting to this point. Have a safe trip both ways.

To the Bucs- Play hard and smart- good luck!

BTW- all the Boyd U talk, "rich kids" talk and "best team money can buy" talk is just that-talk. When you succeed you become a target so take it as a compliment that some folks don't think you can be as good as you have become without cheating.

In the words of Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry- "Y'all act like you got some sense."

Edited by 37421

Not trying to purposely start controversy, <_< but all the talk about "privates" and recruiting goes on with every private that stays in the top ten of their respective classification. It's been my experience that "where there's smoke there's fire". :D There is also another topic with a lot of controversial posts on it that claims Coalfield is as active in this trade as the privates with Clinton boys brought down to bolster the lineup and a former Oakdale running back leading the charge while Coalfield boys stand on the sideline. :P Some of those posters say they are Coalfield players also, so it this the perverbial "pot calling the kettle black" here????????????

Edited by possumcop

Well, possumchop I was gonna stay off here after my last post but again, it is proved that sleeping dogs should be let alone.

Here we go.

The Clinton kid mentioned most is Brandon Davis. Davis is MY next door neighbor. His mother married my neighbor of 15 years, and the son of my other neighbor of 45 years. Their farm has been next to mine for nearly 100 years. That is called modern families. Brandon Davis does not have a choice as to the school attends due to this marriage. He lives approximately 1 mile from Coalfield High School and it would be silly for his mother to drive him 25 miles to Clinton. He arrived as a freshman. He is a super kid and I am asked all the time about how he is doing ( I work in Clinton).

Other kids that may be mentioned are various situations also such as foster care, and broken homes where parents have moved in.

Please be aware that children in public schools do not always have the choice of where they go to school due to family circumstances. They attend the school closest or their old school if their parents can get them there. Private Schools on the other side do not have compulsed students. While the compulsory attendence law applies in all of Tennessee, including privates, the choice is not always there for children. And yes they may be over six feet tall, weigh over two hundred pound, drive and shave but they are still children under the control of parents.

Finally, I was the CEO of the Little League Sports program at Coalfield for 5 years.

The following is fact. Of the startig 22 on the Coalfield team all but 3 came from that program as some point. We never went out of our area to find other kids to play on our teams as we had the theory that we would not train other community's or schools players so that they may be used against us later. This is because we understood that if the lived outside the Morgan County area they would not be coming to CHS later unless the parents moved. Not an easy thing to do, convince a parent to move when you have nothing to offer, agreed?

Edited by CYJacket

Well, I'm not trying to be one of those "critics coming down from the mt. to kill the wounded". I'm sort of like Will Rogers in that all I know about you guys is"what I read in the paper", in this case, coacht. I don't know what you have to offer except the opportunity to be on a perverbial winner rather than a 1A loser like your sister school from the county or a recently declined 4A program like Clinton. But if all this talk is untrue, some one needs to tell the "quoted players" on coacht that team information should be kept inhouse and to let the Hardee's and barbershop crowd do all the negative talking. Poor player talk will bring down a program quickly and the Hardee's/barbershop crowd have never had infleuence on anything but themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by possumcop

Keep worrying about DCA boys. You've already beaten Coalfield on paper.

We have had a nice run. My last word on the subject and it is gonna be hard considering the over confident, arrogant statements comming from this bunch. Kinda like listening to Wartburg and how good they are.

Have a good game. Expect a crowd from the podunk little town in the Emory River Valley.

825444443[/snapback]

We are not cocky and arrogant, This is just a place where fans come to talk about their teams and there are no players from Boyd on here talking. They know they can't come out and lay down they wil have to play. They found that out the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Edited by footballrox

Sorry pal, we don't have a Hardee's and the barbershop's owner is the father of the Girls Basketball Coach so I guess those two are out.

I am unaware of a Coalfield player on here discussing this. The discussion came from the County Seat where there is major tension with Coalfield at all levels, especially after they were taken to the woodshed this year at 41-6 and they have an over all record agains Coalfield of .535 over the last 50 years with an enrollment twice what Coalfield School has.

Consider the Source.

Again, you are talking about children here that may not necessarily be coming from a stellar situation and they do read these threads so please be careful what you say. I say this. It is more likely that a private would recruit than a public. Publics do sometimes luck up and get a special kid everyonce and a while due to a dire circumstance, or one where the kid may not be particularly happy. When that happens at Coalfield we attempt to make that kid feel comfortable and welcome. Suggest some of these adults on here do the same.

Kids going to privates usually go there because they see a better situation, their parents made them, or something much more positive than a divorce, foster care or such.

Now lets play ball.

This TSSAA contest can be heard on 101.3 FM WECO. I will bet it will be Ray's last broadcast. Boyd 56-7.

825445098[/snapback]

That is at least a bright spot, the broadcast that is. Ray's last game, maybe but not that much on the score.

Bet you won't hear it in Chattanooga, the signal can't hardly get to Oak Ridge. :P

I am disappointed though, WECO is usually very unbiased, and that is promoted at the station. If the real ED Knight finds out about this he will be very upset. <_<

Edited by CYJacket

I'm not from Morgan Co. so I'm going to drop off this subject since you tell how bad these kids situations are and then tell me to "watch what I say", I thought I was fairly objective with what your people were talking. You seem to be so touchy about the subject you must be the Coalfield Coach or at least closely wired in to the school. Over and out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

No not touchy about this and not closely wired with the school. However, some people seem to be out of touch that we are talking kids here and there is a huge strata on situations. It is perceived, rightly or wrongly, that private school children over all have a better situation at home than quite a large number of public kids.

Now if you want to talk the difference in the football teams talk all you want.

I watched some film of Boyd and I will say it is gonna be difficult but not near as impossible as most of these posters are saying, especially our buddy, the objective WECO dude.